The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Day Earth Stood Still - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Dec, 2008 - 7:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Dec, 2008 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Haven't seen the movie yet (it just opened yesterday), but the critics are already tearing Keanu to shreds over his performance (or non-performance, more particularly). It looks like it might be a good drama to watch.

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2008 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Still Stood Earth Day The

I saw it today. I liked it very much. It has a good message and shows how humans generally react to the unknown around them. In some ways I have to wonder why the US was highlighted as the epicenter of the whole affair, in particular New York... was there something symbolic in all of that?

Of course the effects were great, and do not bother with what all the critics were saying, Keanu Reeves did a great job playing in the role of his character. I think they were expecting more emotion from Keanu, but why should they, an alien abducts a body and returns to a planet where he must annihilate everyone, how do they want him to be like - Santa Claus?

Rate: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<p id=The Day The Earth Stood Still
The Day The Earth Stood Still (Hover)

16th Dec, 2008 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

The Day The Earth Stood Still Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have never been disappointed by your rating so I shall give this a view over the holidays. I will post my review after.

16th Dec, 2008 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for that, JB. I agree: how does an alien emote, anyway? Certainly not like a human, no matter if he's walking around in human flesh. I'll be glad to see it when I can, but probably not until after the holidays.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2008 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I saw this movie and thought it was well made. Granted it is not as good as the original in my opinion. I think the movie showed how people react to the unknown. As far as mr. Reeves he did a good job playing a alien in a human body. I understand that they used New York so that he could talk with the world leaders. Remember the UN is in New York City. It was his original goal. Leave it to the military to screw that all up.

I would give the movie 2.5 stars.

17th Dec, 2008 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (KNtoran)
I understand that they used New York so that he could talk with the world leaders. Remember the UN is in New York City.

Right, right, I forgot about that. Just goes to show you how his original intention was peaceful and some idiot goes off shooting his gun and next thing they want to do is interrogate him. That interrogation was probably the funniest part of the movie.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2008 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Day Earth Stood Still

Yes I liked the interrogation myself. The one problem I saw was the secretary of defense taking charge. Umm last I checked if the president and vp are off in a safe place the next person in charge is the speaker of the house. I could be wrong.

17th Dec, 2008 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

The Day Earth Stood Still Movies Music Fashion & Sports

She just said she is the eyes and ears of the President and still has to fulfill his requests as she did. I wonder if she was answering to George W. since he was ready to attack despite his Secretary's suggestions.

+  1 2 
> TOPIC: The Day The Earth Stood Still

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,