Raising The Price Of Alcohol - Page 3 of 8

Well if raising the price of alcohol will - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Oct, 2010 - 7:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: As a drinker would a big increase in the price of alcohol deter you from drinking?
  Yes       40.00%
  No       30.00%
  Sometimes       30.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Is it a solution to get people from drinking so much?
15th Oct, 2010 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Raising The Price Of Alcohol - Page 3

I would like to say that raising the price in an attempt to spare another 33 lives on the surface sounds good, but it is purely to line the governments pockets with a little more cash. If you really wanted to spare the 33 lives, make alcohol illegal. If it is illegal, then there really should be any alcohol related deaths. That sounds good in theory too...

However, as the United States can attest, the prohibition of alcohol (called the great experiment) failed miserably. Although made illegal by the federal government, there was little change in the consumption but more so in how you get your fill.

Raise the price and generate more revenue for your state...but don't say that it will spare 33 lives and save money. The price has been raised over time and has been taxed even more and there are still deaths.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2010 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Alcohol Price Raising

Supermarkets 'driving alcohol affordability'

Supermakets should be forced to supply their alcohol pricing data to the Government to prove they are not using it as a loss-leader, alcohol research groups say. Ref. Source 7

15th Oct, 2010 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Raising The Price Of Alcohol Health & Special Psychology

The real problem is that the supermarkets can bulk buy and therefore get the items a great deal cheaper and then can unload it at a cheaper rate and still make a profit.

Unfortunately it is all money driven so the govt has to try and inpliment some ways to keep the cost at a resonable level.

18th Oct, 2010 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Alcohol Price Raising

I guess I would have to know what else they were going to spend their money on. That article makes it sound like everyone is paying for the people who drink to be able to buy more. If you have been in supermarket operations, you know that they work on volume with small profits per item sold. If they are giving discounts on their alcohol, they cant do too much as it would end up being a drain on the profit margin as a whole.

Again, you can raise the price of alcohol across the board and if there are those that want to drink a lot, they will be buying the generic beer as opposed the the advertized national brands. They will buy the non-brand name liquors as opposed to the Bacardi's, Cuervo's, etc...

Alcohol is cheap to make.

Bottled water prices are a joke for what is typically filtered tap water. That is a unjust profit machine which should be regulated.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Alcohol Price Raising

Name:

Comments: They've been arguing over this for a long time now. I'm a social drinker but know my limits. Others just don't know how to control themselves and I shouldn't have to pay for their lack of self-control. Government needs to pay more attention in educating the public rather than trying to take our money.

19th Oct, 2010 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Raising The Price Of Alcohol

I very much agree in the past I myself have let my drinking get out of hand and I can still be guilty of binge drinking on occasions.

But as a 39 year old I should know better, however at times don't. So yes education for all drinkers is very much needed. At least increased education.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2010 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

Raising Price Alcohol - Page 3

Regardless if you have a problem with alocohol or not, I don't believe this is the issues. The government hiking up the prices isn't going to work. If anyone wants a drink, they'll find a way of getting it. I agree with Hayden and Joe Public, education is the only answer. Remembering that alcohol is a drug like the cigarette and it is addictive to some people, the same amount of time and energy should be ensued to both products. Alcohol kills people too. Maybe that should be the slogan for a new compaign instead of whacking a bigger price tag onto it.

31st Oct, 2010 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Raising Price Alcohol Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Well if raising the price of alcohol will not do why not reduce the number of places they can get it. Please, it just means people have to drive a longer way but it will not stop them.

international QUOTE
Slash liquor outlets: police

Police believe the number of liquor outlets in an area should be limited after a study found nearby residents were more susceptible to alcohol problems. Ref. Source 3

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Raising The Price Of Alcohol

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,