US Foreclosure: Homelessness, Hunger

Us Foreclosure Homelessness Hunger - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Jan, 2009 - 5:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
USA Or is it something more?
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US homelessness, hunger rising

A survey cited by AFP says homelessness and hunger increased in an overwhelming majority of 25 US cities in the past year, driven by the foreclosure crisis..
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2008 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hunger Homelessness Foreclosure US

I think this has something to do with it. If people are losing their jobs as places of employment cuts back on jobs they are going to lose their homes and have less and less to eat. I hope that local governments and others can help the homeless get food and keep warm through the winter months.

13th Dec, 2008 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

US Foreclosure: Homelessness, Hunger History & Civil Business Politics

Rather than keep a house all closed up because of foreclosure the least they could do is let a family stay there especially during this season at least.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

14th Dec, 2008 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

I could understand the kindness involved in such an act but there are some logical things to consider:

1. When you let them in how do you get them out?
2. What do you do if they destroy the place? Yes, you want them to have shelter not turn the house into a barn.
3. How do you select which house gets which people?
4. If you are going to put people in there why not get the original occupants who lost the home in the first place return.
5. Placing homeless people in a house seriously devalues the rest of the area.
6. What about the payment and upkeep of electricity, water, etc.?

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

13th Jan, 2009 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Those are some good questions Debate. I believe that letting people stay in homes up for foreclosure is not the answer. Where were these people before and where will they go after? I think the 'after' is more important since putting someone in a home that is not theirs can lead to many problems.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2009 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe that if your home has gone into foreclosure in this crisis there should be ways to try and keep the people in their home IF they show that they are caring for the home. I believe many banks war willing to work with the homeowners if they are in straights due to job loss or wage loss. If the homeowner has the money to pay but decided not to then yes kick them out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2009 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US Foreclosure Homelessness Hunger

Flood of foreclosures: It's worse than you think:

Banks are moving slowly to list repossessed homes for sale, which could mean that housing inventory is even more bloated than current statistics indicate. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2009 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

US Foreclosure Homelessness Hunger Politics Business Civil & History

With more and more companies reporting lay offs I think that yes the market is more bloated than what it is showing. I believe that the banks are going to be holding a lot of property until something turns around.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: US Foreclosure: Homelessness, Hunger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,