Terrorism In France - Page 6 of 13

Terrible what happened there. Amazing that - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Nov, 2015 - 5:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (13) »
Terrorists
Terrorism In France Related Information to Terrorism In France
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Terrorism In France
A Friend

Terrorism In France - Page 6

While I sympathize with the family of the victims I am very skeptical about the attackers origin. Why would I walk around with my passport and even if I did why was my passport not damaged if I blow up myself. Passports are not indestructible.
This seems to be another one of those orchestrated moves to discredit Muslims and even one to justify not accepting refugees from an Islamic state. Don't get me wrong I totally agree with anyone who says that ISIS should be eradicated from the face of the earth because I believe they are not practicing Islam.

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2015 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

France Terrorism

Interesting, your take on the terrorist acts resolves around a conspiracy theory, so you are saying that France created its own 9/11 to justify future action against Muslims / Arabs?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism In France History & Civil Business Politics

A suicide bomber at the Stade de France in Paris on Friday was carrying a Syrian passport issued in Greece, a French senator who had been briefed by the Interior Ministry conducting the investigation told CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

Officials have determined he was among a group posing as refugees that arrived in Leros on October 3 with no papers, the senator told CNN. Under new emergency provisions, he was given an emergency passport. Officials believe he provided a false identity: Ahmad al Muhammad, born September 10, 1990.

The fingerprints on this new passport match the fingerprints of the first terrorist who blew himself up.

The man traveled from Greece, to Macedonia, to Serbia, then to Croatia where he registered in a refugee camp, the senator said. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 France Terrorism

French police have issued an alert for the arrest of Belgian-born Abdeslam Salah in connection with the Paris attacks. "This individual is dangerous, do not interact with him," The alert says. Ref. CNN

Terrorism In France
Terrorism In France (Hover)

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 10:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

France Terrorism

French fighter jets bombed a series of ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria, on Sunday in what officials described as a major bombardment. The airstrikes targeted a command center, recruitment center, ammunition storage base and a training camp.

The bombings came two days after terrorist attacks that killed at least 129 people in Paris. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, which France's President described as "An act of war."

Here's the latest on the Paris attacks:

THE INVESTIGATION: An international warrant has been issued for Salah Abdeslam, a Belgium-born French national who is one of three brothers suspected in the Paris terror attacks. Salah Abdeslam was questioned by French police a few hours after the attacks, but was let go, a source close to the investigation said. One of his brothers was killed in the attacks and another has been arrested by Belgian police, according to Jean-Pascal Thoreau, a spokesman for Belgium's federal prosecutor.

Two of the dead attackers have been identified. One of them is Ismael Omar Mostefai, 29, according to Jean-Pierre Gorges, the mayor of the French town of Chartres. The other, according to several sources, is Bilal Hafdi, 19 or 20. Mostefai lived in Chartres at least until 2012, said Gorges via Facebook.

Six people, all relatives of Mostefai, have been detained, the Paris prosecutor's office said Sunday. It is common practice in criminal cases in France to place family members in custody. Mostefai's relatives have been neither charged nor arrested.

THE ISIS THREAT: The United States and its allies have agreed to share some of their most sensitive intelligence on ISIS in Syria with France in the wake of the attacks in Paris, a U.S. Official told CNN.

Prior to Friday's attacks, Iraq shared intelligence that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had ordered an attack on countries fighting against ISIS, though there were no specifics about when or where the attack would take place, a senior Iraqi official has said.

THE VICTIMS: Here are the names of the 129 victims identified so far:

Britain
Nick Alexander

Chile
Elsa Veronique Delplace, 35
Patricia San Martin Nunez, 61
Luis Felipe Zschoche Valle, 33

France
Thomas Ayad
Elodie Breuil, 23
Precilia Correia, 35 (Dual French-Portuguese citizen)
Aurelie De Peretti, 33
Guillaume Decherf
Mathieu Hoche, 37
Amine Ibnolmobarak
Cedric Mauduit
Marie Mosser
Valentin Ribet, 26
laugh.gifa Salines

Italy
Valeria Solesin, 28

Portugal
Precilia Correia, 35 (Dual French-Portuguese citizen)
Manuel Colaco Dias, 63

Spain
Juan Alberto Gonzalez Garrido, 29

United States
Nohemi Gonzalez, 23

Unknown nationality
Asta Diakite. She is the cousin of France soccer player Lassana Diarra, who confirmed her death. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2015 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In France

23 people are in custody and 104 under house arrest; and weapons have been seized in connection with Paris attacks, French Interior Minister says. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2015 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism France - Page 6

A heinous crime committed by cowards who knew they stood no chance against trained military or police forces and so they chose to attack unarmed civilians; truly despicable. I have a difficult time trying to wrap my mind around how someone can convince themselves this sort of violence against civilians is necessary, or that it is somehow the will of God to wantonly slaughter your fellow man.

One of the things that bothers me though is that I feel like I cannot trust the media to report things in an unbiased manner. Across the pond here in America, not only do we not seem to really trust the media, but it seems as though we put on blinders and only follow media sources that we are politically aligned to for the most part, even though we still don't trust them. We never know if we are getting the whole truth, and I think generally we assume that we are not, but beyond going and seeing for ourselves how would we know?

I have a friend on social media who is very conservative and every day I'm inundated with posts about closing borders, the "Invasion" Of refugees from Syria, how Russia is doing more to combat ISIS than America, the fact that the event took place despite the strict gun control in Paris, and even posts identifying President Obama as a traitor and co-conspirator with ISIS. Many of the conservatives here seem to believe that the proper response is to bomb the crap out of everything, or to give everyone guns and hope they know what the hell to do with them. I'm just waiting for them to start talking kill ratios; you kill enough and there won't be any left to fight which we all know worked out very well for us in Vietnam. Of course this is coming from my admittedly limited exposure, and I am not immune from limiting my exposure to the things that fit my particular schema at the time (We all do it).

The problem is I wasn't there in Paris and I didn't witness the attacks and even if I did, I know nothing about the attackers beyond what the media chooses to tell me; and then I don't generally trust the media to tell me the objective truth, its all information that has been filtered as far as I'm concerned. I do not feel like I can make an informed decision about what the best response would be because I can't trust that the information I'm getting is accurate.

I see pictures of the refugees and they are almost exclusively men; is that accurate? I really don't know, but in the end I really don't trust that it is accurate. I don't trust that these pictures are not part of someones agenda. I imagine if I were to put enough effort in I could scour all the available media and come up with something that resembles the truth of it all, but I'm sorry I have a job, and a family, and I can't spend every waking moment sorting through everything on every incident that takes place so that I can have unbiased information and then turn around and say "Ok, I've got something pretty close to the truth, now what?" Ideally we are supposed to be able to trust that our government is doing that for us and acting in our best interest.

Unfortunately many of us in America (Myself included) do not seem to trust that our leaders are truly looking out for our best interest, at least that is my perception. We are saddened, disgusted and outraged by the despicable acts of terrorism that have taken place in Paris, but we like the quick fix and we want immediate results. We don't know the whole story, but we know someone needs to do something, or at least make it look like something is being done so lets start bombing things, it may not accomplish a whole lot but it looks good. Moreover we need someone to blame beyond the terrorists themselves. Someone dropped the ball or this wouldn't have happened, that's all we know.

It was the same when 9/11 happened. We weren't sure exactly what had taken place or who was attacking us but dammit we were going to bomb the crap out of someone! Again, all we knew was what we were told. I think in general we accept the fact that we are not getting all of the information, or at least we are generally aware of this, but we just don't know what to do about it. And lets be honest, ignorance is bliss and we don't want anything coming between us and our bliss.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

16th Nov, 2015 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism France Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Terrible what happened there. Amazing that they are comparing this to 9/11. For me there is no comparison but the impact is the same. I look forward to see France taking a more forceful approach against terrorism.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

> TOPIC: Terrorism In France

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,