Human Trafficking In Trinidad? - Page 2 of 3

I hope Gibbs will stop all this human trafficking - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Best of  Human Trafficking In Trinidad
16th Aug, 2009 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking In Trinidad? - Page 2

Recently I spoke to a port official regarding the container that was found on the Port that allegedly contained people. He was able to confirm that this report was indeed true, and efforts were made to conceal this discovery because high ranking port officials along with large business owners are indulging in this 'new' lucrative trade. I read the article posted by (Renata) and all of the information she has provided is indeed true. Drug lords are settling their debt using human cargo. International corporations need cheap (child) labour in order to competitivlely price their products. It is said that a young child can be valued for upto TTD$300,000.00, due to the fact that their life span is longer. Females who are virgins tend to fetch a higher price in the market if they are to be traded as sex slaves. Older women can be sold for TTD$100,000 to TTD$200,000 as domestic workers. Able bodied and seemingly 'fit' people als tend to fetch a higher price also.

Most times people who would not be missed are targeted, such as vagrants, beggers and wandering children. It seems to me though, that these perpetrators are trying to standardize the look of their victims, so that even if these people are reported lost or missing, the general public would not be able to identify them. Such was the case with the young girl whose head was shaven (I believe especially for that purpose), I believe this happened in Trincity Mall.

Have you ever noticed the amount of missing people that flashes across the television during the C news report. I don't think these people would ever be found, sad to say, due to the fact that they have indeed become a victim of this horrendous trade. People who travel also become victims, as per the numerous incidents that take place especially when travelling through the San Fernando to Chaguanas route.

I strongly believe that this trade is taking place right here in Trinidad, and it would be interesting to learn of the parties involved. My advice is to always keep aware of your surroundings, use different routes to get home everyday and to always try to travel in groups or stick to the busy main roads, instead of back roads. This is definitely a reality and we need to be alert at all times (or in my case a little paranoid).

Sponsored Links:
16th Aug, 2009 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Trafficking Human

One thing I don't get about this story or the truth behind it is where are the rescued captive people? I haven't read anywhere about someone stepping forward to say they were being held in a container.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2009 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking In Trinidad? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Craig

Comments: Crime in Trinidad....

Now the topic is Human Trafficking. There has been no credible evidence of it. I do believe we are chasing our tails with this one. If it does exist it is no doubt an afterthought of the current environment.

If Trinidad is serious about crime reduction...we will look to lawfully and effectively eliminate the Syrian Drug Cartels (yes I said it, Trinidadians seem to be afraid to say it, yet we all know where their money is coming from).

Finally do the same with their greatest support mechanism, the institutional cartel we call the police force. We will be know where until these things are addressed.

16th Aug, 2009 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Trafficking Human

Craig, so there are not Indian or Afro Cartels too? I think stereotyping one 'group' as the reason for crime in Trinidad & Tobago a bit naive. Criminals have no particular background.

I also like the point IndianChick gave. If they stopped the container full of people where are those people today, surely this will have made the news by now with someone giving an account of what happened? I am by no means saying that Human Trafficking is not happening, I for one believe it is, but I am referring to this particular incident.

16th Aug, 2009 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Trafficking Human

As much as I hate the state of affairs in the country, I do not believe the story about the containers to be true at all. Also the story of the child being "shaved" in Trincity Mall is another myth/story without PROOF that are circulating all over the internet. Unless there is evidence of these things (and so far, there is NONE) then I put them in the category of stories people made up to create paranoia.

Rather off topic, but...
And if anyone has any doubts on my thoughts about the crime situation (which I never water down) in the country, then check my posts. I am just trying to be objective.

2nd Sep, 2010 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking In Trinidad?

The Minister of National Security Brig. Sandy confirmed today that Human Trafficking in Trinidad & Tobago is real and a concerning matter. The current government have asked for assistance from the US government to deal with the crime problem here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2010 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking In Trinidad?
A Friend

Human Trafficking Trinidad - Page 2

I agree with JB's first post on this page, Trinidadians love to blame the Syrians and whites for all the high profile crimes, when in truth the normal has access to stuff also. For instance bringing in drugs and weapons from Venezuela. All this is blamed on Syrians when I know for a fact that the normal Afro and Indians are doing this. Stop blaming elasticities and look for were the evidence points, if it points to which ever group then so be it.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. Check your spelling. See Constructive Posting Policy.

22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

I hope Gibbs will stop all this human trafficking nonsense in Trinidad and Tobago. I think he needs to start with weeding out the bad cops and getting rid of organized gangs.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Human Trafficking In Trinidad?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,