Dog: Man's Best Friend Or A Delicacy?

Dog Man' S Friend Delicacy - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Jan, 2009 - 4:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Jan, 2009 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Trini was spending quality time with his friends in South and was a witness to something very unusual: there was a Chinese man who was carrying a recent road kill, (a dead dog) into a construction work site. He proceeded to wash the dead dog and the Trini was so shocked that, he took pictures of the whole incident. The Trini posted it on Facebook and of course, the pictures appeared in the Sunday Express 4 January 2009 newspaper.

Although in some parts of China, dog meat is considered a delicacy but in Trinidad, we are accustomed to having a dog as "man's best friend!" What are your thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2009 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Delicacy Or Friend Mans Dog

I am not sure what is all the fuss about. Why are Trinis so shock when they themselves eat tatoo, manicou, turtle, iguana, and even dolphin!? spock.gif

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dog: Man's Best Friend Or A Delicacy? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Now I do not go out of my way to kill and eat a dog but the meat of a dog is not bad eating. I do not know about tatoo or iguana heck even dolphin. I can tell you that dog is pretty close to monkey in the way of taste if my memory serves me correctly.

7th Jan, 2009 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

I am not sure what is all the fuss about. Why are Trinis so shock when they themselves eat tatoo, manicou, turtle, iguana, and even dolphin!?

I think people here are in culture shock LDS. Although I do agree with you that Trinis should not be so judgmental since they eat wild meat including monkeys, but I suppose no one has ever seen or heard anyone eating dog meat. I believe that what the uproar over this incident is, the Chinese man is actually a chef to the construction workers and he just walked somewhere and picked up this dead dog from the road. As a human being, I consider this to be very disgusting to pick up a road kill like a human vulture and prepare it for dinner.

This incident and article will shed a negative light on all the Chinese who are currently here in Trinidad. In addition to this, the Chinese restaurants, especially the new ones which are opening recently in South, Central and even in the West, will be negatively affected by this, since people are going to question what kind of meat is being served: chicken, beef or dog meat? In the article, the mother of the guy who took the pictures said that she was so upset about this incident that she refused to eat food from the Chinese restaurants in Port of Spain. This incident will indeed hurt sales in all Chinese restaurants, even the reputable ones.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds to me that she was looking for any excuse not to eat at a chinese restaurant. I spent a lot of time in the far east and I still go to chinese restaurants. I do not have any problem with what they serve.

As far as picking up road kill and eating it. IF the kill is fresh and you can butcher it is in a reasonable amount of time, like less than two hours, the flesh of the animal is still safe enough to eat. I have seen people around this area picking up fresh road kills. Most of them I know take them home to eat.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2009 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ever look a a vagrant going through garbage on the street to find a left over box a food to eat? Ask him if he will be willing to eat some stew dog and see what he says.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jan, 2009 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Dog Man's Friend Or Delicacy

In South Korea, it is the same thing!
Some people are knows to eat dog as a delicacy and they tell you that if in doubt, do not eat the meat.. People eat agout so why not dog, if they like it!

Best friend or not, didn't an Argentine/Chilean (do not recall exactly) plane crash cause some of the survivors to eat the less fortunate when they were starnded in a snowstorm in the mountains!

Reconcile Edited: yeniseri on 8th Jan, 2009 - 2:28pm

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2009 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dog Man's Friend Or Delicacy Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

If one is desperate to eat so that they are able to survive they will eat a dog, cat or even a dead human. Many who have done this are not always proud of the fact that they ate another person but they will tell you they did what they had to to survive.

The fact that there are places in this world that eat dog does not mean that they are wrong. If you grew up knowingly eating dog you would think it is as normal as those that eat goat, sheep or cows. For us to say it is wrong to eat dog means we did not grow up eating dog. This however does not mean we are correct and they are wrong for doing it does it?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dog: Man's Best Friend Or A Delicacy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,