Overweight Firefighter

Overweight Firefighter - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Jan, 2009 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Scotland Not acceptable
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2009 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overweight Firefighter

'Overweight' firefighter sacked

A firefighter facing the sack over claims he was overweight has been dismissed after failing to slim down, a union confirms.
Ref. Source 4

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2009 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Overweight Firefighter
A Friend

Firefighter Overweight

If this person was able to do their job then I see no reason why they fired him. IF he was working on getting himself in better shape and he showed improvement he should not have been fired. I wonder what the goals they set before him were?

15th Jan, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Overweight Firefighter Health & Special Psychology

I think if the manager would have been watching closer this could have been avoided along with yearly physical testing. Sorry but if I am over come by smoke on the tenth floor I want a person who can pick me up and carry me out with out having a heart attack.

I think police army and firefighter along with other labor intensive jobs the personal needs to be checked annually to see that they are maintaining their ability to do their job. Why should a recruit have to pass the testing but not the 40 year old veteran?

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2009 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Overweight Firefighter
A Friend

Firefighter Overweight

I wonder if they did have a physical testing that he was able to pass. If they did then there should be no reason to fire him. IF they did not I wonder how many others can not pass the required test? Are they going to check them out and possibly fire them?

15th Jan, 2009 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Firefighter Overweight

If they do have standard testing and one fails I hope they do. Sounds to me they just picked him as he is large in girth. I know that does not mean that he is unable but more suspect in the public eye.

> TOPIC: Overweight Firefighter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,