US: Mexico A Huge Security Risk - Page 9 of 29

I understand the sentiment Kntoran, however - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Jun, 2010 - 12:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 29 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (29) »
Mexican vs. USA vs Mexico The border wars - illegal immigration - Fast and Furious Gun Operation - ATF - Smuggled US Ammunition Feeds Mexico
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2010 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US: Mexico A Huge Security Risk - Page 9

Stun gun death adds fuel to fire

The deaths of two people during confrontations with border officials in recent weeks, one in San Diego and one in El Paso, have pushed an already-heated debate over illegal immigration to the boiling point. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2010 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Risk Security Huge Mexico US

I am wondering were the peace loving non violent demonstrators are in this. I haven't heard any stories of a Malcom X or Mahatma Gandhi type person rising up and leading the people yet. I am not sure I have a point, I just find it strange that I am only hearing about violence and anger on this issue. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground for negotiation. These two opposing sides are just going to box it out until one surrenders it looks like.

I have a feeling even if the US government tries to make some kind of deal or negotiation it won't be enough for the Mexicans. They will want more and more. It is my opinion that what they are already asking for too much. But they make so much noise about how unjustly they are treated.

Fact is they are being treated according to the law, it is them that are acting unjustly. I have gone back and forth in my head about this issue. On one hand I see the things that are going on and understand to a point why they are mad. On the other hand this is the United States of America, not Mexico. It will never be Mexico.

When you make little or no attempt to actually be an American. Then demand to be treaded like one. I think for me it makes me seriously doubt their true motives. It makes me think they are using valid arguments the wrong way, to get the upper hand so that they can get what they want. Which ultimately seems to be changing America into Mexico.

I want to add though that I do feel bad about those that have been killed. I think that is completely the wrong way to go here. It won't stop anything to be killing these people. It will just make them more angry and give them more ammunition.

Rather off topic, but...
I wish we could gather this kind of firepower and use it against the corporations and corrupt officials.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 14th Jun, 2010 - 5:59pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2010 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

US: Mexico A Huge Security Risk
A Friend

US: Mexico A Huge Security Risk History & Civil Business Politics

In my opinion two deaths means two less people crossing the border. I think the Mexicans are trying to take back what they loss in the wars with America and call it home once again. I would love to place a large army on the USA/Mexican border to make sure that none enter the USA illegally.

15th Jun, 2010 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Risk Security Huge Mexico US

The death of the 2 people at the border is bad. However, the border is not a hangout or a playground. There has to be other places for kids to play in Mexico other than the border. Tossing rocks at border guards is a risky proposition. At some point, any guard gets tired of being pelted with rocks (there are a few kids in Derry that could relate to that if they were still alive from their Bloody Sunday rock fight with the British forces).

The guards at the border are there to protect our border from illegal infiltration. They are not sitting there just waiting to pick off Mexicans that step a foot into the US.

The main problem is that we haven't done a good job of protecting our border and to ensure that illegals found within the country are deported. We have turned a blind eye for a LONG time. Now that we want to do something about it, we are upsetting people that have enjoyed our non-vigilance and lived off of our border neglect (illegals as well as those that use their labor). Will there be stories that will be upsetting about splitting families up? Yes. However, they only get split up if the family allows it (meaning that the one that has US citizenship doesn't want to give it up). Choices are hard sometimes and we are making a tough decision about our border.

I really do believe that there needs to be very stiff penalties for those found employing illegal aliens. I also think there needs to be efforts made to find them as well. If the illegal jobs dry up, you will quickly see the attraction of life on this side of the border diminish.

Mexico can take back her country from the drug lords, but it will be painful (as it is already) and very similar to Colombia.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

16th Jun, 2010 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Risk Security Huge Mexico US

international QUOTE
In my opinion two deaths means two less people crossing the border.

That really sounds heartless like there is no value on human life. I think one was a teenager.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2010 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US to deploy drones to shore up border with Mexico:

The United States plans to deploy two drone aircraft along the Texas-Mexico border as part of a new effort to stem organized crime and illegal immigration, Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano said Wednesday. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

US Mexico Huge Security Risk - Page 9

Yeah Clara at times I do sound heartless because I am tired of the unstemmed flow of illegal immigrants crossing into the USA. It is like the fact that many do not seem to care there is a unstemmed flow of oil into the gulf polluting our waters and killing our fish.

26th Jun, 2010 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

US Mexico Huge Security Risk Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

I understand the sentiment Kntoran, however yes is harsh. Actually it reminds me of someone who made the news some years ago who proposed that everytime a Mexican crosses the border they should be shot. Besides the moral aspect of it, how effective could be?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: US: Mexico A Huge Security Risk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,