Judged Based On Actions

Judged Based Actions - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Jan, 2009 - 5:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2009 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Judged Based On Actions

Judged Based On Actions

Consider the following quote and place your thoughts:

"In the last analysis we must be judged by what we do and not by what we believe. We are as we behave"
- Geoffrey L. Rudd, The British Vegetarian, September/October 1962

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2009 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Actions Based Judged

I agree that we can tell much about a persons heart based on their actions. Unfortunately we do not see all their acts and can make wrong assumptions.

27th Jan, 2009 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Judged Based On Actions Health & Special Psychology

According to many modern day Christian religions we are judged exclusively on what we believe. So accordingly, some would answer that we are entirely what we believe.

I am on the fence on this one.
Outside of the religious realm there can be no judgement except by our actions.

Yet it is the heart of the man that affects the actions.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2009 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Judged Based On Actions
A Friend

Actions Based Judged

I can honestly, in my opinion, state the following; If we are to base someones complete character solely on actions, even having seen all of them, we would fail to comprehend
their true character.Intentions are everything I always say.Looking at some of my past to present actions, from a completely outside perspective, I can see how they are or could be perceived as completely destructive, although my intentions, which are based on my beliefs at that time, were not so.In fact they were just selfish, or self loving.The difference, in my opinion, is selflessness regardless of the situation, unless you acknowledge that you can save yourself for others sake.

Reconcile Edited: Shillioroth on 27th Jan, 2009 - 3:13am

27th Jan, 2009 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Actions Based Judged

QUOTE (Shillioroth)
...we would fail to comprehend their true character

Who can know the true character of anyone? Serial killers can seem to be upstanding citizens but their actions paint a different story. From the perspective of law, enactment of laws and basic social development I believe that one has to be taken for what they do indeed since you cannot really know what anyone believes. True belief in anything is usually manifested in action in any case.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2009 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

Judged Based On Actions
A Friend

Judged Based On Actions

I respect your opinion considering that all laws are based on, (a lesser good), not so much selfish, as not completely thought out.The problem, on the other hand, with our social system is that it is based, on majority, but who can judge without absolute knowledge?To be honest my unified theory is flawless, for example, if a person can truly accept it for what it is, completely thought out, and applied common sense, without fear, materialism, or time, then its easy to see.My intro may not seem related although it is as I explain, a bit about "my" true unification.Feel free to ask for a deeper explanation, or example.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2009 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Judged Based On Actions
A Friend

Judged Based Actions

I always look at this from this view point. Actions speak volumes compared to words. IT is the action of others that we choose to make a judgement on. It does not matter where you are or what your doing your going to make a decision based on the action of someone. It may be someone you know of someone you do not know. I do think that we let some actions go by without reacting to them if they were caused by a person we car about. IF another did the same action we would react in a much different way.

> TOPIC: Judged Based On Actions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,