Tiphereth Introduction - Page 5 of 6

QUOTE (Tiphereth)Well you are able to link - Page 5 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Apr, 2009 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2009 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Tiphereth Introduction - Page 5

Everything that I was looking for is possible in the RPG Text Forum. Thanks.

--- edit ----

Actually I do have a question, and this pertains to both sites. After a certain amount of time has elapsed it is not possible to edit previous posts. Is there an upgrade that allows this?

It is just that, when you post a character sheet, it would be nice to be able to consistently modify it without having to re-post another and filling up the thread. If it is not possible to re-modify, can you see a way around this?

Reconcile Edited: Tiphereth on 7th Apr, 2009 - 11:46pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Tiphereth

I did not realize you edited your Post, I by chance checked here again and saw the update. For the other site I would prefer everything about it to be kept there because it really is very different in the way it is managed (open and basically free for all) and what it can do (different software) even down to the scripts, etc. Use the Support section there.

Concerning a character sheet that you can update here, which RPG here are you referring to? Is the notes for all to see or just you to see? How much text needs to be saved and so forth. The more details you put the more I can gather exactly what your needs are. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Tiphereth Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I have to say I like the graphics you have come up with. I am just not computer savvy enough to seem to get them to work for me. Sometimes I need a little more help. I am still learning the computers and the way to program some things into my head to assist me in working with computers.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Page 5 Introduction Tiphereth

Ah... Well you are able to link the graphics in the gallery via this code:

[img]https://gallerylocation[/img]

All you have to do is go to the gallery view the image you want and right click on it and copy the image location (this copies the http path to the picture) then place it between the [img][/img] code.

This will only work in the TEXT-RPG forum though, note her, which is why I can type the code and you can see it. I know it may sound a little like 'Greek' if you're not that savvy, but just try it. It will work.

In regards, JB's query:

This is concerning the Super Hero RPG. I am not sure if you are restructuring it, but a real simple way to allow players to keep track of their records is just to allow them to create an editable or unlockable post that can constantly be changed as the character grows in strength and gains new items. Krakyn has adapted the system and in developing my character which took several days, I suddenly lost the privilege of editing my character sheet and thus had to copy and re-post it, so now there are several versions of the same character sheet in the same thread. It's easy to figure out what the current one is, but to keep things orderly it would be nice to be able to somehow create a post that could be edited over and over.

If this in not possible in the International Discussion Site then I will re-direct this question in the Text-RPG forum.

Reconcile Edited: Tiphereth on 8th Apr, 2009 - 3:54pm

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tiphereth

I will have to give that another try. I think I can get it to work someday. laugh.gif

The idea you have for regular updating of the character sheet may be something the GM does. It could be harder to do as a regular player.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Tiphereth Introduction

Yeah, I thought as much. That of course depends on how the system is set up. If you look at the TEXT-RPG it is free-form, which I kind of like, International Discussion Games are very structured thus putting the control in the hands of the GM. This has its advantages and disadvantages, it varies in accordance to what side you're looking from. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 4,590
Flag Posts: 7,330
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 30.1%
[+] Gain: 20,660.60 FP
Charm: 136

Tiphereth Introduction - Page 5

I do not think this will be a huge deal as we can just repost the character in new threads when one game is finished and the next starts. I will look to see if I can edit any of the stuff in the super hero post as well. Mostly I just want us to have the same start page. In that one we will have to do one round of battle then I can post the vitality and constitutions for the next round. I doubt it will be that bad.

Being the first go round it will be a learning curve and things will iron out as we roll.

I will try to dump the info from there into a spread sheet that will be easy to update then copy and post. Since your story back ground remains same updates will only need to be done for equipment food and vitality stats. That we can place in a separate thread.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 5th Jan, 2007 - 6:43pm
Signature: Stand up for God and he will stand up for you.
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Tiphereth Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 5

QUOTE (Tiphereth)
Well you are able to link the graphics in the gallery via this code

The reason this is disabled here is because some Members, not you guys come posting to images from other sites which sometimes are not appropriate. Posts here appear throughout our network so we have to be careful with what is posted here. The other thing is when images are posted in this manner and then removed they leave for one ugly post of broken image icons.

It will be nice if everyone simply uses the Gallery here and then links to it - this way there are no broken images. What I think I will do is create some code to only allow certain users to link to images later, however for now the IMG code is now enabled to facilitate you. Again please use the Gallery and then link there.

This is concerning the Super Hero RPG.

Then you may want to bring up these things in the Sticky Threads there to keep it altogether. You may have noticed I am renovating it a lot. Soon you will be able to do exactly as you describe. Additionally the GM will be able to keep notes on each character so he can edit. You will also have features for control panels and so forth to really bring it alive. I can also add anything there that is needed so long as it is requested and will be useful for everyone.

I suddenly lost the privilege of editing my character sheet

Posts weren't originally meant to be used as character sheets hence there is an edit limit based on Membership level - see Compare page to see how much time you are given. I believe for Medieval I did put a field for notes that can be edited at will but not for Be A Super Hero RPG. Be a little patient and make sure to track updates of the Sticky Threads in that Threads so you can see all that I am adding there.

I will re-direct this question in the Text-RPG forum.

Yes, if anything is needed for that site then please ask in that Forum as it I not the same facility and is managed differently.

Lastly, It is my aim to facilitate all your needs as it will be good to have these RPGs going with as little of my intervention as possible as I already run too many of them. Whenever you have a need please post it within the Board of that RPG as it will be difficult to revisit random Posts in different locations to remember what was asked. Thanks for your participation, questions and input - all appreciated!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tiphereth Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,