Tiphereth Introduction - Page 2 of 6

Glad to see that you have up graded. This - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 31st Jan, 2009 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Tiphereth Introduction - Page 2

Member Wards does NOT require 30 Posts.

It does not use the World of Medieval Map as Medieval has it's own system and Boards.

You are free to create your own Map and story. You will see where some attempted their own Threads there. I have one that is based upon the World of Medieval's Tavern run by a talkitive barkeep.

Start a Thread with your own rules and how you want all to proceed. See here: Source 6

By the way, what do you do for work / study?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tiphereth

I am a graphic artist/designer (don't worry I would violate anything by doing any form of business adverts or anything) on the side and a full time Dad, so I have some time no and again to delve into the things that interest me. I would love to say I am a writer, but I have yet to publish and even if I managed that I would never compare myself to authors like Gemmell or Gaiman, although my embrace of, and obsession with mythos in my writing does parallel the likes of Tolkien. I of course, like all after his works can only my shroud myself in his shadow, and that of the great Gygax, there is so little room for original thought anymore.

I do not want to tread upon anyone's toes, but would there be any objections if I attempted to play the role of gamemaster for a post? I of course need to familiarize myself with how the forum works, but I wouldn't mind providing a little structure. Is it possible to add linked graphics in the posts? If not its no matter, just thought as I am artist I would use some graphics for effect and provide some maps. I enjoy creating very detailed maps, though not so much as to render them useless for online viewing.

I am not going use my own world... Since I have not yet finished my book I would be a little paranoid revealing the secrets of my compendium (you understand). I do have some interesting ideas, however, and may borrow a world from an old classic you may recognize when the time comes.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Tiphereth Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

...would there be any objections if I attempted to play the role of gamemaster for a post?

That is the whole idea of Member Wars. Just go to the Member Wars section, start a Thread and talk about the rules and how you want game play to take place.

External links are not allowed so the best thing to do is use the Gallery, upload your images, and then link to it, or become an Upgraded Member and then you will have the facility to upload images in your Posts.

You should take your stab at the World of Medieval though, at least you will be helping the current players that need a Warrior.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 4,590
Flag Posts: 7,330
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 30.1%
[+] Gain: 20,660.60 FP
Charm: 136

Page 2 Introduction Tiphereth

Be nice if you can join us as we are close to the number of warriors we need to get the Medieval underway and look forward to seeing you post in member wars. I hope you can get your work published.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 5th Jan, 2007 - 6:43pm
Signature: Stand up for God and he will stand up for you.
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tiphereth

Okay, I just paid the $18.00 for the Premium, so I should be able to join you, Krakyn, as soon as my account is upgraded. Not that I would not have managed the 30 posts, but this way I have donated and can upload images to my posts.

I am actually just going to make a web page that I can link to with all the details of the world I am going to use for the role playing. That way people will have the resources at their ready. But, I want to make sure that would be alright, because the page would be on my commercial site, which may cause a conflict of interest (I have used it before for other games with no problem but I always ask). It is just convenient for me to access my site and set up some cool pages. If I have to use some other site, can anyone recommend a place with free web space that I could have complete control over? (I would need full access to the space or portion of it).

So the World of Medieval still baffles me somewhat, but I'll figure it out. All advice is welcome.

Thank you all for the help so far. It may take me a bit to create all the necessary graphics for the role playing but once that's done its just a matter of whipping up adventures, which come pretty easy to me.

Oh, I just noticed... No external links. Okay, got it.

Reconcile Edited: Tiphereth on 30th Jan, 2009 - 11:05pm

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction

User Tiphereth, thank you for your Donation, your membership has been upgraded to Premium and the relevant FP and Gil has been deposited into your account. Now a whole new world awaits you within the Community. For further help you may contact the Architect directly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Tiphereth Introduction - Page 2

Thanks for your donation towards our efforts here. Your Thread is now in the RAVE section where Members who donate go.

First, I want you to know that you now have access to hidden Boards as well where more mature Topics are kept. You will may be here just for RPGs but I can promise you there is also a lot of eye opening Discussion.

OK, on to the RPG stuff:

1. To create your World of Medieval Character follow the directions in the first Post of this Thread: Source 9 Remember they need a Warrior badly, however you can choose whatever class you want.

QUOTE (Tiphereth)
So the World of Medieval still baffles me somewhat, but I'll figure it out.

2. What about it baffles you so much? Are you reading the Sticky Threads in the World of Medieval Board?

...the page would be on my commercial site, which may cause a conflict of interest

That would not be advisable because of our policies here. However you can upload upload images in your Posts and you also have the Gallery from which you can then link the image. If you want to highlight your Thread so that certain images stand out then I can help you with that. As our relationship grows I can also help you establish other things here as necessary.

By chance, have you any interest in the Matrix Trilogy? We have an RPG here called, "Plugged" that might interest you.

Did you know we have a Board specific to Canada, one for Web Design and one for Art? Check the site map for all.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2009 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Tiphereth Introduction
A Friend

Tiphereth Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Glad to see that you have up graded. This shows that you are here to stay. I am sure that with you in the medieval and if your inclined in the future earth RPGs we can have some fun exploring and killing together.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tiphereth Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,