Locust Swarms

Locust Swarms - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 3rd Feb, 2009 - 3:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Locust Swarms

Locust swarms 'high' on serotonin

Scientists identify the brain chemical serotonin as the signal that makes sedentary locusts form devastating swarms. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms
A Friend

Swarms Locust

So if we can eliminate this from being produced then the locusts will not swarm and we will be able to better control them?

30th Jan, 2009 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

It would seem that is the thought. Still how long can you control that unless you are killing them off at the same time.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2009 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms
A Friend

Swarms Locust

Scientist and the military are very interested in controlling insects in general. Essentially their brains are nothing more than a stem, and they are purely instinctual. Through the use of chemicals and electronic stimulus they are attempting to turn them into controllable robots. Who knows what their applications may be? The more they learn about the effects of chemicals on the bug-brain the closer they get to making perfect little spies.

2nd Feb, 2009 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Swarms Locust

Good point Tiphereth! No one looks twice at a bug which can infiltrate and bring back good military data. I could also see wiping out entire crops to bring a country to its knees using locusts.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2009 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms
A Friend

Locust Swarms

Aye, I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I always consider how these scientific break-throughs could potentially be abused.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Feb, 2009 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms

That is not paranoia that is historical fact. What technological advancement has not been utilized in military might starting with the flint arrow heads or should I say thrown stones.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2009 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Locust Swarms
A Friend

Locust Swarms Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I can see the military using the chemical to start a locust swarm into the enemies ground troops. I think they will eat most anything they come in contact with if it is edible. This will allow the advancing military to take control of the areas left ravaged by the locusts. As they follow closely behind the locusts they can kill the opposing army easily as they will be confused.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Locust Swarms

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,