What Are You Going To Ask Santa For Christmas? - Page 9 of 10

Who is Santa that I might ask him? Or where - Page 9 - Christmas - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
He is making a list and he is checking it twice to see if you are naughty or nice!
4th Nov, 2008 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

What Are You Going To Ask Santa For Christmas? - Page 9

My daughter and I had a very serious discussion about Christmas this morning.

I asked her what she thought about the current problems with the economy we've been hearing about on the news and from friends and family. She said she thought it was pretty bad out there for some families, but she didn't know anyone going through these problems.

We pondered the possibilities over our scrambled eggs and toast. I asked what she thought *we* would do if I lost my job? ("Well, I don't think you're going to lose your job" she says, very confidently.) Okay. How would we have Christmas if we couldn't even pay the mortgage? (Silence) What if we lost our house and had to live in the car? (Silence) What if we then lost the *car*? (She stopped eating at this point.)

A lot of people are having this exact problem. What could we do to help some of these families who are having a hard time? ("We could buy presents for the homeless shelter.") How do we do that and still buy presents for our family? ("I don't need so much.") Do you think we could go without buying presents for each other this year, and put that money toward much needed things for the homeless? ("That's a great idea!")

So, we agreed. We won't buy presents for each other, and any money in the budget for Christmas will go toward tangible goods for the homeless. We already have a lot of Christmas decorations, so we don't need to buy any. We have plenty of supplies to make greeting cards, so we don't need to buy that. My parents will have a tree, so we don't need to buy one. We're having a very slim and trim Christmas this year at our house, and hope to provide some small generosity to those in need.

I'm asking Santa this year for actual usable items for the homeless -- clothing, warm coats, shoes, blankets, etc. -- along with toys and books for the little children. We'll also ask for food -- enough non-perishables to last beyond Christmas.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

What Are You Going To Ask Santa For Christmas?
A Friend

Christmas Santa To You What

I know that Christmas is going to be hard on my family this year. I usually have many of the presents bought already. We have not started at all. I hope to be able to get the kids at least one present each. I know it is not going to be a gift ladened christmas at all. We may do all we can to keep our normal tradition.

5th Nov, 2008 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

What Are You Going To Ask Santa For Christmas? Christmas

We are done shopping at my house and will focus on gathering for charity now. We are trimming it down each year. Once they boys are 16 all is pretty much done. I will buy them one nice tool each year so they are set for life.

skill saw ratchet set good drill saws all and a table saw. Then out of home and ready for their own.

20th Nov, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Christmas Santa To You What

Well I had to add a wet saw to the mix my friend was redoing his bathrooms and I had the fire place so we both chipped in 20 and bought a cheap one.

21st Nov, 2008 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Christmas Santa To You What

That America recovers from the nonsense hole its in and I can get a descent pay.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I guess with 33 days till christmas I better put my request in to santa to bring me a laptop computer. I do not want a real expensive one. Just one to relax on the couch with and still be able to play my games.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2008 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

What You To Santa Christmas - Page 9

Okay here is my Christmas Wishlist:

1) To have beautfiul sunny weather throughout December, so the flood victims could have the opportunity to clean their homes and have a peaceful, enjoyable Christmas.

2) Health and Strength for my hubby and me.

3) To ride on Santa's reindeer Rudolph! biggrin.gif

2nd Dec, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

What You To Santa Christmas Christmas - Page 9

Who is Santa that I might ask him? Or where is he that I might find him? Given the chance I want the new year to emerge with some significant progress with regards to the development of my children mostly.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: What Are You Going To Ask Santa For Christmas?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,