Happy Thanksgiving - Page 4 of 13

I was making a newsletter for my apartment - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2007 - 10:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

?
Poll: What do you HONESTLY like the most about Thanksgiving Day?
  Being with family       46.43%
  Being with family and relatives       32.14%
  Having a great feast of food       3.57%
  A break from work       7.14%
  Going on a brief vacation       0.00%
  I do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day       10.71%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A time to eat or a time to be thankful?
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2005 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 4

Thanksgiving: preparation is best bitten off one small chunk at a time

Thanksgiving feasts are usually devoured in one hour. But the preparation is best bitten off one chunk at a time over several weeks.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...61466%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2005 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thanksgiving Happy

READY, SET -- TRAVEL

Millions of Americans hit the road or took to the skies Wednesday in the
annual dash to someone else's house for Thanksgiving turkey, despite the
prospect of traffic jams, snowy highways, crowded airports and packed train
stations.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/11/23/holid...l.ap/index.html

25th Nov, 2005 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Hope all us US folks had a lovely Thanksgiving, whether traveling or not. May we all remember what Thanksgiving is about, and give thanks to our Creator for the great blessings we enjoy every day. Best wishes for a restful holiday weekend as we coast on into the next big holiday season...

We didn't have to travel anywhere, thank goodness, and we avoid Black Friday like the plague! So things here are very peaceful.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 25th Nov, 2005 - 4:27pm

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Page 4 Thanksgiving Happy

I had a wonderful Thankgiving. My fiance and I cooked dinner for his parents because they've both been sick. My parents fried a turkey for us, and then we went to their house and cooked the rest of it. It was a good day. I hope everybody else in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

25th Nov, 2005 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

I am so glad you all had a great Thanksgiving!. I wish other countries in the world can also celebrate it (neither Argentina or Trinidad celebrate it). It's actually my favorite holiday after Christmas, I think it has a great story behind it and the things you all do for it is just awesome!.

Offtopic but,
Geez, you all just gave me a great idea!. When I finally settle down I am thinking in celebrating Thanksgiving with my family at the same time you all do. Who said I have to be in the US to do it? wink.gif. I think it could make a great family tradition! don't you all think?.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2006 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful for a free Country to live in. For my good husband who is out of work and injured but he keeps on going. for my Heavenly Father and elder brother Jesus for the love and sustaining arms they put around me. For my family and extended family I am especially grateful.
With love,
Legacyholder

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2006 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 4

I love Thanksgiving, especially the pumpkin pie! I'm thankful for my husband who does everything he can to make me happy. I'm thankful for my daughter who is a good girl, when good girls come few and far between. I'm thankful for my home and my health. (That sounds cliche but I really am grateful for these things.) I'm thankful to all of you and this forum for the opportunity it gives me to stretch my mind and use it in intelligent and constructive conversion.

Rather off topic, but...
LDS, did you start your own Thanksgiving tradition yet?

3rd Nov, 2007 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

I was making a newsletter for my apartment building today, and looking up quotes from famous (and not so famous) people about Thanksgiving. Here are a few that touched my heart or made me laugh:

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts.  No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.  ~H.U. Westermayer

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.  ~Edward Sandford Martin

An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.  ~Irv Kupcinet

It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it.  ~Alistair Cooke

Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life... a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year - and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.  ~Ray Stannard Baker (David Grayson)

It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for.  He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire.  Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient.  But a thankful heart hath a continual feast.  ~W.J. Cameron

For, after all, put it as we may to ourselves, we are all of us from birth to death guests at a table which we did not spread.  The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of the banquet.... Shall we think of the day as a chance to come nearer to our Host, and to find out something of Him who has fed us so long?  ~Rebecca Harding Davis

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
~Author Unknown

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,