Happy Thanksgiving - Page 5 of 13

I've decided I'm going to - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Nov, 2007 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »

?
Poll: What do you HONESTLY like the most about Thanksgiving Day?
  Being with family       46.43%
  Being with family and relatives       32.14%
  Having a great feast of food       3.57%
  A break from work       7.14%
  Going on a brief vacation       0.00%
  I do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day       10.71%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A time to eat or a time to be thankful?
4th Nov, 2007 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 5

I know that this is an American tradition, for the history of America, but it's a shame that more countries don't follow suit, as most of us have at least one thing to say thank you for that we really appreciate!

Sponsored Links:
4th Nov, 2007 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

DianeC, you are so right. I love this holiday as well and I told my husband that definitely we will celebrate it this year from now on as a family tradition. I have a US citizen at home so it's a good excuse. laugh.gif

9th Nov, 2007 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I am now starting making plans for my Thanksgiving tradition so I want to make sure I get the right date laugh.gif. I read it is the fourth Thursday on November so this year falls on the 22nd of November, correct?

I also found interesting that Canadians celebrate it at another time (October 8th) I wonder if this is a set date in Canada or varies like in the US?

10th Nov, 2007 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Thanksgiving Happy

Yes, it's always the 4th Thursday, and this year is the 22nd. I don't know about Canada's holiday.

What is your menu, LDS_Forever? Are you going traditional American Turkey, or will you adapt for Trini style and British favorites ?

10th Nov, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

QUOTE (FarSeer @ 9-Nov 07, 10:52 PM)
What is your menu, LDS_Forever? Are you going traditional American Turkey, or will you adapt for Trini style and British favorites ?

I want to go traditional, stuffed turkey and mash potatoes for sure. A colorful Italian salad as well. Any other ideas for easy but traditional side dishes? smile.gif

10th Nov, 2007 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving

We can't have Thanksgiving without fruit salad! You can make it from fresh diced fruit or from canned fruit, mix it all with whipped cream. We like it with canned fruit and fresh sliced bananas. Some folks add coconut or chopped walnuts.

Can you get pumpkin pie there? Tradition!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Nov, 2007 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 5

QUOTE (FarSeer @ 9-Nov 07, 11:26 PM)
Can you get pumpkin pie there? Tradition!

I don't think so, but I can try to make it from scratch wink.gif. Fruit salad is also a great idea!

10th Nov, 2007 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

I've decided I'm going to 'adopt' this thanksgiving tradition for our family-I feel that we've got a lot to be thankful for, and also I think it's important to thank God for the family that you have, and also to let your family know how important they are to you, and how much you love them and are thankful for them!

I'm really excited, and have bought a big turkey today to put in the freezer.

I've got an American cook book, so I think I'll be using it to try and get some American traditional foods cooked!

I think it's great that Americans and Canadians recognize this special time, and spend it with their families!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,