Happy Thanksgiving - Page 7 of 13

We had a great Thanksgiving and I am very - Page 7 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2007 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »

?
Poll: What do you HONESTLY like the most about Thanksgiving Day?
  Being with family       46.43%
  Being with family and relatives       32.14%
  Having a great feast of food       3.57%
  A break from work       7.14%
  Going on a brief vacation       0.00%
  I do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day       10.71%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A time to eat or a time to be thankful?
19th Nov, 2007 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 7

I was thinking that next year as a Thanksgiving tradition, I will set the Christmas tree the same evening after dinner.

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2007 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

Well LDS thats a good idea. I start setting up for christmas the day after Thanksgiving. This year I decided I would like to start having thanksgiving at my house. I have been in the US for 20years and spent every Thanksgiving at my Mothers in law. This year I decided it would be at my house with my mom coming. It took a couple of years for me to get use to Thanksgiving. I am now loving it . It reminds me how important family is.
I am making !
Turkey with stuffing a little trinidad style
Mash patotoes and gravy
Home made cranberries sauce from fresh cranberries.
green beans with almonds
salad and rolls
FOR Dessert
Apple pie my family is not into pumpkin pie
Chocolate pumpkin cake
Anna

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2007 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Happy Thanksgiving Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 19-Nov 07, 8:08 AM)
I was thinking that next year as a Thanksgiving tradition, I will set the Christmas tree the same evening after dinner.

My family has been setting up the tree the night of Thanksgiving since I was a kid. I think that is a fabulous tradition to start. As well, it gets everyone up after eating so much food and gets them doing stuff.

22nd Nov, 2007 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Thanksgiving Happy

Happy Thanksgiving day to all who are celebrating today!
I hope you all have a lovely time!
Best wishes, Diane x

22nd Nov, 2007 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

I too would like to extend my wishes for all those celebrating Thanksgiving! We are going to a friends house and trying to help them bring some cheer in the day as they just lost their father a week and a half ago.

We have put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving a few years--it seems though that sometimes when it is all over I cannot deal with it being up much longer after Christmas. With 5 kids it is a big job to keep the littler one from getting ornaments and such. I do love the colors though and the brightness it brings.

I can't hardly imagine putting it up on Thanksgiving night! It seems like it would be a lot after cooking all day. Although, it is a great idea as konquererz said, to get up and move after a heavy meal when you tend to just want to be lazy.

However you spend it, ENJOY YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope you all had a lovely day. We were quite busy, going first to the former in-laws home, and spent time with my daughter's dad and his family. Grandpa died three weeks ago (or is it 4 already?). The service will be on Saturday, so there were more people there this year than I've ever seen.

Before they served dinner, we left to go to my son John's home where he and his girlfriend Jen prepared the turkey. They did a great job, and we all brought something to round out the dinner - I made fruit salad with whipped cream, my parents brought pies and green beans. The almost-in-laws brought bread and pies. We all kind of joined in the kitchen fixing the mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, etc. It was a lovely afternoon. I had a lot of fun watching my son and his lovely sweetheart cooking together. (Sorry, but I'm daydreaming of grandchildren already! I wish they'd get married.... )

We have so much to be thankful for. I hope all who are celebrating this holiday have had an enjoyable day, in an expression of gratitude for the bounty we all enjoy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 7

We had a lovely Thanksgiving thanks to LDS_forever. I cannot believe Felipe could eat so much. After three plates of food and ice cream he went out like a log and slept through the night (normally he gets up one or two times during the night).

23rd Nov, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 7

We had a great Thanksgiving and I am very proud of myself and how delicious everything was, it seems like watching the food network on TV payed off. laugh.gif

JB read a beautiful Thanksgiving poem and each one of us shared the things we are grateful for this year. I love this holiday and I am so glad that is now part of our family tradition.

> TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,