Happy Thanksgiving - Page 8 of 13

Wow, that seemed to come round quick! - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Nov, 2008 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »

?
Poll: What do you HONESTLY like the most about Thanksgiving Day?
  Being with family       46.43%
  Being with family and relatives       32.14%
  Having a great feast of food       3.57%
  A break from work       7.14%
  Going on a brief vacation       0.00%
  I do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day       10.71%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A time to eat or a time to be thankful?
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2008 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 8

This day is fast approaching. This year my wife has volunteered to make the thanksgiving meal. I think this is really brave of her. I know she will be receiving her third round of chemo that monday. TO get the whole family together under my roof is nice. I am hoping that this thanksgiving gives us all a lot to be thankful for.

I want to know what you all are doing this year for thanksgiving.

Sponsored Links:
18th Oct, 2008 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

As our kids growup, get married and have children of their own our Thanksgiving table grows and it also becomes more complicated to pull off. In anticipation of our youngest leaving on a 2 year church mission we arranged to have the whole family for Thanksgiving last year. That also put all our married children on the same rotation. So this year is their turn at the in-laws. I was not really sure what we would do this year. We have one adult son here in Alaska who is not yet married. We also have a newlywed niece & her husband. Our youngest daughter will be at her mother-in-law's. The oldest daughter, however, informed me yesterday that since her husband will be on the slope for Thanksgiving she will be able to spend this year with us afterall.
So it looks like it will be 9 of us this year so far. That number could grow as I always leave an open invitation for the kids to invite any friends who do not have a Thanksgiving meal to go to.
I love to cook and the more the merrier. They will usually either bring something or else help out in the kitchen so it is not too much work.

That is still small in comparison to the Thanksgivings I grew up with. We usually had about 50 gathered around the table at my grandparents. They would set up long tables end to end in their living/dining room. All the aunts & uncles & cousins would be there. Thanksgiving for me is definitely about family. grouphug.gif

18th Oct, 2008 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

One of the reasons I always wanted a large family is to have a large table full of my loved ones for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

Here in Trinidad we do not have Thanksgiving but is my favorite holiday after Christmas, so last year we started as a family the tradition to celebrate it. We have the usual, the turkey, the mash potatoes, etc. We read a thanksgiving poem before we eat and we create a family thanksgiving tree writing down all the things we have been grateful for during the year. We also put our Christmas tree that same evening.

18th Oct, 2008 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Thanksgiving Happy

Thanksgiving is always a great reason to catch up with relatives. Sometimes we will take turns having it at someone's home so we se how they are doing and then try another buch a relatives the next year.

18th Oct, 2008 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Happy

No plans yet, but I'm sure we'll be with my parents and my son and his sweetheart. Other than that, I'm not sure. Grandpa #3 on my daughter's dad's side has been diagnosed with leukemia and has been undergoing intense chemo for several weeks, so that side of the family has not discussed the holidays yet, either.

The main thing I know is that my oven doesn't work properly, so we can't have any cooking at my home this year smile.gif

19th Oct, 2008 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving

Good food and being with family is always nice but this year I'm taking a break from tradition as I will be away in another area that same week.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2008 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving
A Friend

Happy Thanksgiving - Page 8

I accidentally hit the null vote, but I wanted to vote for "a break frmo work" biggrin.gif

I know that sounds bad, but work is very tiresome. Any day I have off I take full advantage of. I rarely see my mother, stepdad, and brother, not even on thanksgiving. They live out of town and usually do their own thing. I do get to have a nice feast at my partner's family's house. They feel like another mother and father to me anyways, plus his sister is cool too. His mom sure knows how to create a dessert that will put you in heaven too.

4th Nov, 2008 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Happy Thanksgiving Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

Wow, that seemed to come round quick! We also celebrated our first Thanksgiving last year, not being American, but having a lot to be thankful in our family for.
I'm looking forward to it again this year, we're having the full turkey meal, and I'm going to make something American for desert.
It's a lovely time to get to spend with your family.

> TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,