Where Is Your Character's Equipment

Where Character' S Equipment - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 13th Feb, 2009 - 2:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 
7th Feb, 2009 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

Do you think it really is that important to mention where all your character's equipment is? I was thinkin that the DM and players would just think it would be logical to wear your boots or put on your armor.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2009 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Equipment Characters Your Where

Normally all the equipment I list is on my character unless I note it as being some place else. This is why I always carry a back pack.

12th Feb, 2009 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

Where Is Your Character's Equipment Reviews RPG & Card Board

I agree with KNtoran and the OP, everyone in our games are presumed to have some sort of handy pack for most gear and its kinda freeform what clothes and armor we're wearing.

In general, our GM in WFRP has it as a default that NOBODY in a town is normally wearing armor (except maybe leather) or bristling with weapons, unless they are on their way to an impending fight or journey or something - outside towns, on the road, for the most part the PC's are considered to be armored and armed.

The only reason I can see where it mattered where something is, is because it would be vulnerable to being stolen if it was easily accessible, or being visible could cause someone relevant to notice a particular item or jewelry, etc. Or finally, the old favorite, how many actions it takes you to get to an item, unpack it and ready it in combat, For cases like that, we usually just play it by ear or require luck rolls or something.

12th Feb, 2009 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

NOBODY in a town is normally wearing armor (except maybe leather) or bristling with weapons

I've heard that before and then if a player is attacked in a twon setting suddenly they have their +3 magic sword of flame in hand.

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2009 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

When I DM I presume you have all your equipment with you unless you state you left it someplace else. The town guard seem to eye you a bit more.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's why I categorize all my character's possessions as carried, or in back pack or belt pouch, then its pretty clear where everything is. I hate that as well, when a player, just for the sake of being ready will keep his sword in hand everywhere he goes while in a town where realistically at the time there would be no threat to warrant such paranoia. Plus, a drawn weapon is a threat in itself. Those characters do not survive long in my adventures, often they are struck down by a fast moving glacier or something equally as stupid.

Without a doubt, one can go too far with details in an rpg, but equipment location is one facet that I personally like to have precise. Often, I give my characters shoulder satchels instead of backpacks, because in a combat situation I often have them drop the extra weight so that they fight better. This is actually never a factor in the game, at least I have never come across a GM that considers a character's balance while fighting, but I like to be realistic. In my younger days when I was studying various fighting forms, I attempted to spar while wearing a backpack, let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference... And people can grab it and toss you around too.

Reconcile Edited: Tiphereth on 13th Feb, 2009 - 6:19am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Feb, 2009 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Where Your Character's Equipment

During my limited time as GM I just let them tell where they have stuff because it was too much to track. Specially for the characters who always bought a lot of things it was like crazy to track every litle thing they have on them.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Where Your Character's Equipment Board Card & RPG Reviews

I do know that if you have a character that walks around with a bared sword often finds them selves with much more attention from the town guard and gets a personnel tour of the town dungeons. smile.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Where Is Your Character's Equipment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,