Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

Mormons Children Raped Abused Killed - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Feb, 2009 - 2:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »
LDS Abused Children JB's most important Topic for Discussion. Still searching for a real answer to this and no one seems to be able to give a credible answer for it. Despite all the scriptures and revelations there seems to be no answer as to why millions of children suffer each day from the most evil, vile, degrading and violent abuse sometimes from their own parents.
15th Feb, 2009 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

When innocent children are brutally abused, and raped for years or even eventually killed what is the reason for that?

Is it a punishment?
Little ones have done nothing wrong unless we say that they have done wrong before they were born, but then if that is so should not the punishment be in the same place where the wrong act has been committed?

Is it that they are a sacrifice?
Why should a child be a sacrifice? It is one thing to be a sacrifice and you die the same day, but year after year a sacrifice?

The failure of doctrine to give a real answer.

15th Feb, 2009 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Killed and Abused Raped Children - Mormons

It is one of those questions I have on my mind all the time as I read the terrible news of child abuse. I don't know the reason for it but one could speculate that all of us in the pre-existence knew where we will be born and under what circumstances and we decided to come anyways because we knew we wanted to return to Heavenly Father one day. That's just one of my thoughts.

15th Feb, 2009 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed Studies Doctrine Mormon

How can one know what one wants if they have not experienced it? Can you know if you will like to live in Afghanistan with the Taliban as a woman if you have no prior knowledge of what that entails? Or are you proposing that some children accepted that they would be abused and tortured for years? I cannot think of ANY situation where I will allow my children to be subject to abuse and torture for years. Can you?

15th Feb, 2009 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (JB @ 15-Feb 09, 12:26 AM)
I cannot think of ANY situation where I will allow my children to be subject to abuse and torture for years. Can you?

Well, those who are atheists or are angry with God always say how can we call God a "loving" Father when he allows these sort of things to happen.

Yes, I am saying some special spirits accepted those facts when they knew free agency will be one key element for happiness and for destruction of human beings.

15th Feb, 2009 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

They may have accepted them but could they have known the ramifications of such a decision? Not only to be abused but possibly to also become abusers to others? We must also look at this point then... is Free Agency more powerful than God's ability to not allow this to happen? Or are we saying that this is the only way? Can it be comparable to Christ and the Cup and asking if there was no other way?

16th Feb, 2009 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

I think that this is an extension of the problem of evil. I do not think anyone has solved the problem yet LDS or not. So I guess anyone's guess is as good as another. I guess we can even say if God knows that such things were going to happen and he allows such immorality to do so, then is he not morally responsible for what happened? I am not sure.
The question of any type of foreknowledge in the world has its problems as has been mentioned already. How does God know that something will happen if we have our free agency to choose? How can we say in the pre-existence that we choose an expereince that we do not understand being that we had no bodies or experienced sin before? How can we agree without knowing full well in the pre-existence what abuse and sin are? I am not sure if that is an informed choice. So I guess we can ask questions questions about god's power and our extent of knowledge in pre-existence. I for one do not think god is all knowing or all powerful in the absolute since, rather he has all maximal power but not absolute.

16th Feb, 2009 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed

QUOTE (Isiah53)
I think that this is an extension of the problem of evil.

Evil is not a problem in this case, it is a part of the 'plan', not so?

I am not sure if that is an informed choice.

This is what I am asking as well. Indeed, it is like signing a contract without reading it.

The question behind this is the reason for it. I have tried to take this from all angles, but cannot come up yet with a reasonable reason. I understand the point of martyrs, but usually martyrs go through an event and die, there is not a prolonged period of torture. Neither is the abused allowed to become the abuser.

The big answer normally is agency, that we have free will. Fine, but then we are also influenced based on that free will. In other words consequences for the use of choice. What about the free will of the child? It is immediately taken away from birth. Is that a fair case scenario? I have found those having NOT suffered any kind of abuse or torture always have some quick answer, those with such experiences still wonder.

17th Feb, 2009 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Mormons - Children Raped Abused & Killed Mormon Doctrine Studies

While this is hard to look at from a strictly logical view(I am thinking how angry I would be if my children were subjected to such abuse and torture), I would have to ask, what should God do in these circumstance? Should God stop every misuse of free agency each and every time he sees it occurring, even in the terrible case of rape, murder and torture. I cannot fathom God intervening, on a regular basis, without disrupting the entire reason for mortal life.

There has got to be alot of patience, foreknowledge, perspective by God, to not stop every evil act against a child. I do not believe I have enough of these qualities to understand every reason for the suffering in children.

I would like to pick the brain of Alma and have a more clear explanation of why he did not stop the death and burning of the righteous when he was with Amulek, if he had the power to do so.

In considering the prophesied events before the Second Coming, is there any doubt that we will see more mistreatment of children here on Earth? I believe our task is to stop the suffering of children where ever we can, even if it means we must take drastic measures to stop those that perpetrate such acts (the death penalty for child rapists and murders. Or at least castration.)

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons - When Children Are Raped, Abused & Killed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,