Maria Regina Grade School

Maria Regina Grade School - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Feb, 2009 - 11:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2009 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Maria Regina Grade School

Objection to dreadlocks backward

THE Principal of the Maria Regina Grade School, Elizabeth Crouch, when asked about a student being removed from the school because of her Rasta hairstyle, has indicated that what "they" wanted to know was if in fact the child was a member of the Rastafarian faith. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
16th Feb, 2009 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

School Grade Regina Maria

I really do not understand the Principal of this school, since when is the duty of a Principal or teacher to ensure a student is indeed part of a religion? Does she follow the same procedure with her Catholic, Jehovah Witnesses, Hindues or Muslims students?

Sounds to me like this is another case of "looks" more than anything else.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2009 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Maria Regina Grade School Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Untidiness is the issue, not 'locks'

I wish to respond to the Express Letter of the Day of February 16 where Oke Zachary demands that I should come out and say whether our pupil was unkempt. In my initial interview with the Express, I specifically pointed out numerous times that this entire issue directly stems from an approach to the child's parents about the untidiness of her hair. Ref. Source 8

> TOPIC: Maria Regina Grade School

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,