Heavy Tinted Cars

Heavy Tinted Cars - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2009 - 9:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2009 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Heavy Tinted Cars

Crack down on heavy tinted cars

Is it still an offence to have heavily tinted windows on cars? Recently I have been noticing that many cars on our roads are so heavily tinted that it is impossible to see who or what is inside. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2009 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Cars Tinted Heavy

So is it illegal any tinted in your windows at all or just heavy tinted? I am just wondering since I see tinted windows in cars on a daily basis.

2nd Jun, 2009 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Heavy Tinted Cars Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The problem with a lot these laws in Trinidad and Tobago is that they are so archaic and hence unable to deal with the new trends that we Trinis do. Apparently the law is that once an officer is unable to see the driver and its passengers clearly, then the tint is illegal. They do this because they don't carry around light meters to determine how much light is actually being penetrated through the tint. Of course this method has met a lot of resistance by drivers. Funny isn't it that the people who are breaking the laws are the ones who make the most noise? When they announced the crack down on illegal tints, I immediately striped all mine off my car. I did this because I know I had illegal tint in my car, I had G5 tint. This means that 5% light was coming through, yeah it was pretty dark. The real reason according to officers (and was the excuse used for the crackdown) is that with the dark tint you cannot tell what is happening inside the car. Someone can be getting raped, kidnapped even killed and people (including officers) wouldn't know what is going on. I personally like the very dark tint because bandits cant see me and my family inside the car. I feel much safer especially at night, when visibility is reduced even further. I have no problem with officers stopping me to see what is going on inside my car. Tint also prevents a lot of heat from entering the car too. Gives the air conditioner less work to do. That is my 2 cents. Not everyone may agree with me but that is how democracy works.

3rd Jun, 2009 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Cars Tinted Heavy

Just before the summit there was all this rush by police on the roads and they said it had nothing to do with the summit. Summit come and gone and you can't find a police anywhere checking cars or pulling off tint. That tint thing was just for the summit and that was it. Everyone running back to the tint shop to put it back on darker than before. Sometimes the policeman's private car tinted too.

> TOPIC: Heavy Tinted Cars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,