India To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink

India Launch Cow Urine Soft Drink - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 18th Feb, 2009 - 10:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

17th Feb, 2009 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

India To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink

Should I mention I am not interested in trying this new soft drink? Maybe our friend Vincenzo is willing to give it a try with a nice piece of stinky tofu. laugh.gif

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink - called "gau jal", or "cow water" - in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS - which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members - to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.

Hindus revere cows and slaughtering them is illegal in most of India. Cow dung is traditionally used as a fuel and disinfectant in villages, while cow urine and dung are often consumed in rituals to "purify" those on the bottom rungs of the Hindu caste system.

In 2001, the RSS and its offshoots - which include the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party - began promoting cow urine as a cure for ailments ranging from liver disease to obesity and even cancer.

The movement has often been accused of using more violent methods, such as killing 67 Christians in the eastern state of Orissa last year, and assaulting women in a pub in Mangalore last month. It also has a history of targeting foreign business in India, as in 1994, when it organised a nationwide boycott of multinational consumer goods, including Pepsi and Coca Cola....

Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2009 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Drink Soft Urine Cow Launch India

Sick and disgusting - I mean no disrespect to those who see the cow as divine. I just do not see this as anything more than capitalizing on fanaticism to make a buck.

18th Feb, 2009 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

India To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink Religions East of Studies

Whoa...brainstorm!

Take stinky tofu and marinate it in YellowBull (carbonated cow urine) for a wholesome, vegetarian (sort of), high energy snack! As repulsive as this sounds, if there is a market for it...someone will fill it. What I REALLY want to know is...how do they harvest the "yellow gold" from the cows? Will cows be running around India with a large bucket strapped to their rear ends? Will there be different grades of cow urine to choose from? Oh, the qestions just go on and on...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 18th Feb, 2009 - 8:50am

18th Feb, 2009 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Drink Soft Urine Cow Launch India

I think this will sell well in India...due to the fact that there are many that find the cow to be revered, and I'm sure that they will think because they are drinking it's urine they will live a healthier life!

Obviously it's not going to suit everyone laugh.gif, I wouldn't even consider trying it!

> TOPIC: India To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,