Into The Darkness (play By Post)

Into Darkness Play Post - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Mar, 2009 - 4:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2009 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

OOC: I have read over some of the other play by post stories and they seem to be slightly different that what I am used to.
I play these stories through longer posts with more detail. If anyone wants to join up, please try to make your post semi-long. If there is something wrong with the way I am doing this, please let me know and I will be happy to change.

Frosthorn Dekalin walked up to the door of his house. He lived in a wooded region. There was not even a name for where he lived except "Home." He opened the door and walked into his large cabin. Frosthorn was a minotaur. He did not know his parents very well, but from what he was told about them was terrible. His father and mother lived in the city of Megroth. Megroth was once a great place, its economy thrived and markets bloomed. Eventually though, like all cities, its downfall came and it eventually turned into a slum-pit, where gamblers, prostitutes, and other scum came to live out their days. In short, his mother and father got into some sort of business, came into a lot of money and were killed because of their success. Needless to say Frosthorn never really wanted to know more.
Frosthorn walked to his stove and opened it, pulling out a steaming platter of meat. It was smoked venison. Although he half bull and completely hairy, he were not vegan. Smoked venison was Frosthorn's favorite.
After his meal, Frosthorn went to his room and pulled the sheets over him and covered his eyes. He fell into a deep trance-like sleep.
Hours later as Frosthorn slept, a breeze began to blow in the dead of night. Frosthorn opened his eyes as the tattered sheets he used for curtains began to flap, hitting the necklace he wore and knocking it to the ground. He got up, pulling the covers off of him. As he bent down to pick it up, a noise caught his ears. It sounded like a child's voice. He grunted. He was the only one around for a few miles. Why would a child come here this late, let alone a human child. He put on his sash and tunic and walked out to the front porch. He could now hear words;
"For in the darkness he comes. Death-singer. Warlord. He comes. His mighty armies will shake the earth to it's bones. It's shouts and roars will be heard, carried on the wind, for centuries on end. It's fires will be the fires of hell, burning all in it's path. The sea will turn back it's tide in the face of such an army."
The child's voice was quiet but began to grow slightly louder. Frosthorn grunted to himself, "What is this none-sense. The minotaur had met humans before, and hated them. They were ignorant, vain, and greedy. Frosthorn walked off the porch, "I'm going to find that kid and get rid of it," he thought.

Sponsored Links:
4th Mar, 2009 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Post play Darkness Into

ooc just let us know how you what us to interact and away we go!

may who is dwarven in nature is traveling on a quest to reclaim a lost piece of heritage from a large scaly foe he suspects. His proud as all are dwarfs of his heritage and his beard. Often a little bird can be found sleeping in it. It is a strange friendship for which he suffers great ridicule but how can he mistreat the little fellow who once saved his life. Instead he just hammers on the head of one who speaks too much about his friend.

Camping in the woods on his journey he is alone with none around as far as he can tell though he could have sworn he smelled smoke as he had laid to rest. Shrugging it off he knows he is well hidden and his friend will wake him if anything approaches too close. yes a strange but very profitable relation ship he now has. He wear the skin of a large mountain cat who he killed when it had tried to eat the little bird.

> TOPIC: Into The Darkness (play By Post)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.