In The Footsteps Of A Hero - Page 8 of 8

Well that story is done now. The good thing - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Mar, 2009 - 3:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2009 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

In The Footsteps Of A Hero
A Friend

In The Footsteps Of A Hero - Page 8

Looks like we are in for a fight. Do we have any more rations? I say lets take out the mages spelled creature 14

Sponsored Links:
27th Mar, 2009 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Hero Of Footsteps In

Quickly eating a snack of one ration we pull up stam to 15. We have no more.

I think you are right we need to entertain this one letting our hero save us from the rest.

The knight seems quite content in tackling all the Ghouls and screams a battle cry as she hacks into the undead creatures.
Your opponent takes shape in the fog ahead. It is huge, resembling a loathsome, sallow slug embellished with glands from which it secretes a noxious vapour. Its mere presence is a deadly venom and you move to cut it down in size as it tries to slam you with its great bulk.

CANKER WORM      SKILL  7    STAMINA  10

For the duration of this battle, you must reduce your Skill by 1 point due to the effects of the vapour. Also, unless you are wearing a Druid's Talisman, you must reduce your Stamina by one point at the start of each Attack Round.
If you win, turn to 8.

So our skill is 10 stam 15 we are looking good me thinks. But due to the rod we lose one point per round

Worm Us
skill hit stam skill roll hit stam
7 10 9 15
12 7 14 14
13 5 15 13
12 5 11 11
14 3 20 10
17 1 18 9
18 1 15 8
13 dead 15 7
we win this round.

The slug-thing dissolves into a pool of it's own rancid slime. You confront Venare, who is sniggering evilly at you. You wonder why. Then, a Ghoul grapples you from behind, clawing and biting frenziedly. Lose 3 Stamina points. Owing to the surprise and ferocity of the attack, you are unable to defend yourself and become paralysed as the venom in its claws enters your bloodstream. Your eyes widen in terror as the creature goes for your jugular. In the nick of time, Monro comes to your rescue, decapitating the foul creature with a well-aimed sword swing. The other Ghouls have been despatched.
For the moment, the knight can do nothing to help your condition. As she dashes straight for the Venom Wizard, a pulsing green bolt of energy strikes her. She falters a little, but manages to fight off the spell's effects and engages the wizard in combat.
Conduct this battle like you would a normal combat, with the exception that no Luck points can be used.

SYLAS VLAD VENARE      SKILL  10    STAMINA  15
MONRO        SKILL  12    STAMINA  7 (12)

The bracketed value represents the knight's Stamina if you used a healing potion on her previously. If Monro is killed, you will be the prize for the wizard's latest trial run and your adventure ends here. If Monro reduces Venare's Stamina to 3, turn at once to 19.

So we are at 4 stam now. but the potion has hero lady at stam 12 that might be a good thing.

*cheers on MONRO*

skill hit stam skill roll stam
10 15 12 12
18 15 17 10
14 13 15 10
17 11 19 10
19 11 19 10
21 11 21 10
15 9 19 10
22 9 21 8
13 7 15 8
17 7 14 6
16 5 19 6
16 3 17 6
We are both in bad shape!

But on we go betting on one last nastey trick.

The knight's final blow cleaves the wizard's staff in two. She follows up with a mighty punch knocking the wizard staggering into his own experimental apparatus. The framework shatters and a container of acid splashes on to his face. Venare collapses, screaming and writhing about in agony. Monro approaches; sword levelled at his chest.
"I believe this experiment has come to an end, Sylas. You have lost. Antidote, if you please."
Venare laughs weakly. "You ruin my research, you scar my face, and now, you"re asking for an antidote. Well, here is my last vial. You want it, you pitiful dog? Fetch!"
The wizard flings the vial of liquid high to his right and the knight runs desperately to catch it. With incredible dexterity, she plucks it from the air, less than a foot off the ground. However, she turns to find that Venare has already vanished in a puff of green smoke. Undeterred, she uncorks the vial and pours the contents down your throat. You breathe a sigh of great relief as your limbs gradually return to their working order. You apologise, blaming yourself for the wizard's escape. Monro tells you not to worry about it for she could not have foiled his schemes on her own.
For the next half hour or so, you search the building for your friend, Zuvember the alchemist, to whom this place actually belongs. You find him bound to a chair in a tiny storeroom full of old curios. As you release him from his bonds, he rambles on at how he was mistreated, how Venare forced him to reveal secret chemical formulas, and how people nowadays have no respect for others, whatsoever. Obviously, he has no idea how lucky he is to be alive. You ask him how to dispose of the venomous substances.
"Leave that to me, my friend," he answers in a jovial mood, "I might not be able to enchant items or brew flawless potions, but I sure know how to make things disappear!"
You leave the matter in his hands and walk outside. Monro thanks you for your help and gives you a Silver Brooch as a token of appreciation. Restore your Luck to its Initial value. Clasping her hand in friendship, you say your farewells and head back to the stables for some well-deserved rest. Turn to 9.

Night has fallen when you get back to the stables. The stableman has long closed the building and retired to his lodgings but you have a spare key to get inside. If for some reason you did not go to the blacksmith's or tailor's, you must deduct 1 point from your Luck and make it your first priority tomorrow. Then you head upstairs for some much needed rest and sleep right until the warm rays of the sun on your face awaken you. Restore your Stamina to its Initial level.

If you have a Silver Brooch, turn to 50.
If not, turn to 6.

Two days later.

You wave goodbye to the stableman and lead your horse to the main gate. You asked him to come with you but he is satisfied where he is. He had sensed your desire to leave long ago and is happy that you have finally found a better aim in life. His last gift to you: the fine stallion at your side.
With your savings you bought a backpack to hold your ten provisions and any other items you wish to keep; a lantern to light your way; and leather armour to wear over your tunic. Your sword hangs at your belt, as does your pouch of gold in which 20 coins now remain.
As you pass through the main gate, you mount your horse and take one last glance at the city of thieves: the littered streets swamp with vagabonds and merchants; City Guards stand imposingly by the entrance, ever ready to deliver unjust punishment to whom they choose; a gang of robbers busy themselves with looting the contents of a fancy building. You shrug and turn away - there certainly won't be too much to miss from this place.
A smile comes to your face when you see a familiar figure riding towards you on the same graceful mare you groomed just days ago. The armoured knight brings her horse alongside yours, hailing you.
"Greetings, noble knight," you reply, "And you are?"
She removes her helmet, letting her hair unfurl. It glistens in the morning sun like polished ebony. "My name is Valiencis Monrowan. You can call me Valience from now on. I had been thinking on your words before and I think you were right in what you said. My hair does look better down."
You laugh together and clasp each other by the arm.
"So, you have decided to take up a life of adventure then?"
"That's right," you reply. "I never did belong in this city. I guess I always wanted to live life as an adventurer. I just needed the inspiration and courage to walk the first step."
Valience puts a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "You are braver than you think, my friend. Be sure to keep that in mind. Now that you are free of Blacksand, to where will you go?" she enquires.
You hadn't thought that far ahead!
Seeing you struggle for an answer, she chuckles quietly and asks, "Why don't you accompany me for a while?"
The prospect has never sounded so good. "To where will we travel, Valience?"
"As I mentioned before, I am on two missions. The first has been accomplished. The second will take us to the eastern lands of Allansia. A malevolent Lightning Demon is causing havoc there, and a magical axe must be recovered from its grasp. It is a most perilous undertaking and the road will be fraught with danger."
"A quest for justice, I presume?"
"Indeed."
"Then let us face it together!" you say with confidence.
Smiling, the knight nods and you spur your horses into a gallop, riding east.

And so, your adventure begins in the footsteps of a true hero, and perhaps the start of your own heroic tales.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2009 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

In The Footsteps Of A Hero
A Friend

In The Footsteps Of A Hero Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well that story is done now. The good thing is we did not die. The bad thing is we now have to find a new story.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: In The Footsteps Of A Hero

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.