Types of Forum Users
Strange things about the 'new' users to the Net
Its is thoroughly amazing to me how people on the internet in general seem to display their 'climatic' characteristics in the things they do online. Sounds weird? It is! Here are some examples in three different sections... (by the way, I wrote the below, I did not copy it from anywhere)
1. Everyone judges you based on the username and color you choose to enter the chat room with
2. If you do not have the same point of view as them it means that you are open for every insult in history
3. You are allowed to talk about the most ridiculous and senseless things, but do not ever try to chat about something that will cause you to use your brain
4. Everyone thinks that because the person logged on as 'sexy' that means their personal ideal of the word (some blonde with blue eyes and model figure)
5. People should know what mood you are in
6. People should know what you are talking about if you just logged on
7. Someone logs into an empty room and keeps posting, 'Is anyone here?'
8. Someone logs into a busy room where lots of people are chatting and asks, 'Is anyone here?'
9. Users who keep their [CAPS] on so that they can be heard
10. Users who demand to know your age, sex, and location before they even say 'hello'
11. Users who keep saying, 'I'm confused, I'm confused' and when you offer to help they say, 'I'm confused'
12. Users who are so intent on swearing that they even use '*****" as substitutes of what they would really like to say
13. Users who do not say 'bye' and you keep chatting until the system tells you they left
1. Everyone agrees that the person with the least number of posts does not know anything
2. RUles of a forum are to be broken and no one should enforce them
3. Its okay to have a forum that is called 'sports' and talk about everything else other than 'sports'
4. If you warn a user about their behavior its because you have personal issues with them or their culture or their rrace
5. Everyone should understand dialect or slang from your part of the world
1. You do not honestly expect a reply right?
2. One word or line should be sufficient to tell you that I need something fixed on a certain page, of a certain web site... and... well you know the rest
3. Um... what are you talking about?
4. The person tells you to reply to an email address not listed in the reply box?
5. You should only email somebody if it is convenient
6. When you write a second email asking if they received the first and they respond "yes" but still do not answer
7. You send in a request with several questions and the reply comes back with only the first and last question answered