Go Commit Suicide

Go Commit Suicide - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Mar, 2009 - 2:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA Sen. Charles Grassley to AIG Bonus grabbers
17th Mar, 2009 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Go Commit Suicide

Go Commit Suicide

What do you think about Sen. Charles Grassley's words about those who received AIG bonuses:

"Obviously, maybe they ought to be removed," said Sen. Charles Grassley during an Iowa City radio interview on Monday. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I'm sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide."

NOTE: We already have a Thread about AIG, I want to focus on if what he said is warranted or not.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3218 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
17th Mar, 2009 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Commit Go

Wow,

That is extreme. Its not the executives fault for creating a contract that states that they would be paid a certain bonus amount regardless of the outcome of the company.

Resigning is an option, but stating they should commit suicide is a little extreme. Should we request the same from this senator when he still gets paid when the United States Government doesn't work right.

I am hoping he was being facetious.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

17th Mar, 2009 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Go Commit Suicide History & Civil Business Politics

You think that was bad, he also said something to sense of AIG bonus grabbers are "sucking the tits" of tax payers. Flip, how can someone with such extremest views hold his position in government?

I should mention that he is now trying to do PR with this by saying that he was just upset and did not mean for AIG Executives to literally commit suicide.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3218 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2009 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Go Commit Suicide
A Friend

Suicide Commit Go

I think that is exactly what he meant to say and I think some people need to hear the harsh truth. These guys are sucking at the teat of us tax payers and they are not sorry for it at all. They need to resign and AIG needs to fail.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2009 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Go Commit Suicide
A Friend

Suicide Commit Go

I too feel that Sen. Grassley meant exactly what he said and said exactly what he meant. While I do understand how he feels, and I realize that he was upset when he made his comments, we all of us have to be careful in this politically correct society about what we say and how we say it. It's not always wise to speak out of anger or when you're emotional and I feel that Sen. Grassley had ample time to reflect upon what he was going to say before he said it. So often people are saying things and doing things simply because they want to and later on, after they receive a reprimand and backlash for their actions, they find themselves having to back-pedal and apologize for what they said or did. The bad part about that is, in my opinion, they're not apologizing because what they said or did was wrong, they're apologizing because they are being taken to task for it. Most of us are upset about what's going on right now, but we have to be smart about the way we react to it, especially those of us in the public spotlight whose every word and action is being listened to and watched world-wide.

Reconcile Edited: Carla on 18th Mar, 2009 - 5:21pm

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2009 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Go Commit Suicide
A Friend

Go Commit Suicide

Well, I think he said nothing unwholesome, if that is a word. He was just saying that the Japanese tradition is to commit suicide in events such as these. And in Japan, that is considered a very honorable thing to do. See? Senator Grassley clearly had his best interest in mind.

Now, though what he said was clearly, not what the public wanted to hear. I don't think he was the only one who needed Decaf.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Go Commit Suicide

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,