Housing Development Corporation - HDC - Page 3 of 7

Mrs. John appeared on TV6 to clear up HDC - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Aug, 2013 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Housing Development Corporation
10th Apr, 2013 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Housing Development Corporation - HDC - Page 3

For the life of me, I don't understand the reasoning of the Prime Minister with regards to this. She said:

international QUOTE
Persad-Bissessar said that Cabinet decided to make it possible for citizens earning less than $8,000 a month to buy their first home, with zero down payment and at a two per cent interest rate for homes up to $450,000.

The PM said that in this country, citizens have dreams of owning their first home and her Government shares this dream with the people.
"It means that every individual that has a dream of owning a home for their family can now be realised," said Persad-Bissessar.

The People's Partnership Government, she said, is one that listens.

"I hear many citizens complaining that buying a home as a middle or low income person has almost become the impossible dream. But I say tonight that this Government is working to put those dreams within your grasp," said the Prime Minister. Source 1

The only question I have for the Prime Minister is: Where in the world can you get a house for $450,000TT or less in Trinidad and Tobago? This is an insult!

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2013 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

HDC Corporation Development Housing

international QUOTE
Where in the world can you get a house for $450,000TT

Only through the HDC. What I wondering if the salary is counted if both parents earning a total of that amount, what about if they each making less than that?

12th Jul, 2013 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Housing Development Corporation - HDC Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The Housing Minister an Prime Minister today gave out their "Promised Land' to Caroni workers today. The UNC Chaguanas West Candidate was also there as I guess some of the lands is within the constituency in question?

10th Aug, 2013 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 HDC Corporation Development Housing

This morning, Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal and Housing Development Corporation (HDC) managing director Jearlean John as well as the police are going to be evicting people from HDC housing in East Port of Spain. Apparently, a lot of good tenants are giving back their keys to the HDC because a lot of criminals are throwing out tenants from their own houses and illegally occupying the premises. A lot of good tenants are afraid.

international QUOTE
A team of high-level police officers, including acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams, is expected to accompany Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal and Housing Development Corporation (HDC) managing director Jearlean John today to evict people who have illegally inva­ded already occupied HDC units in East Port of Spain.

Both Williams and officers attached to the Besson Street Police Sta­tion refused to comment on today's exercise.

While Williams had "no comment" to all questions regarding the issue, officers at Besson Street said they would not comment on matters of national security.

But Moonilal and John yesterday confirmed the action will be enforced this morning, and the accompanying police will oust the people responsible for the home invasions.

"The criminal element is inva­ding the rental units and illegally evicting bona fide HDC clients," Moo­nilal said in a telephone interview.

"This has not happened before. We have had illegal occupancy issues but never people throwing out legitimate tenants and taking over the unit."

The minister admitted to concerns for his personal safety but said he would "beef-up" his own security for the exercise. Source 9

10th Aug, 2013 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

HDC Corporation Development Housing

It is one thing to make a day of it and evict people but then what? How do they enforce it? How will they stop the gang members from returning to those areas and 'claiming their spot'? Maybe certain HDC areas need property managers to circulate regularly and 'check' on things.

10th Aug, 2013 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Housing Development Corporation - HDC

JB, I read in the Express this morning that they will create ID cards for HDC tenants as well as place cameras in all units.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Aug, 2013 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Housing Development Corporation HDC - Page 3

Who will maintain those cameras? They going to hire people to sit down and watch cameras? After a couple of months you will read about the camera not working and no one maintaining it.

16th Aug, 2013 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Housing Development Corporation HDC Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Mrs. John appeared on TV6 to clear up HDC home owners who are complaining about having to pay a deposit to own a home. She said that people earning less than $8,000 do not have to pay a deposit but if they choose to do so it cuts down on their monthly mortgage. The required deposit is only applicable to those making over $8,000.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Housing Development Corporation - HDC

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,