Nighthawk Introduction - Page 67 of 68

I will say that my diet has changed drastically. - Page 67 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 13th Jun, 2010 - 2:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 68 pgs.  63 64 65 66 67 68 
The man of controversy
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2009 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Nighthawk Introduction - Page 67

If you click on their Username it will take you to their Profile where you will see the date of registration, Post amount, where they Post the most, and when last they were here thus giving you an indicator of that.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Introduction Nighthawk

A little bit of an update.

The job is going extremely well. I truly enjoy the work I am doing, and it looks like it is only going to get better. One interesting thing is that I am deeply involved in developing a strong database application in MS Access. I haven't done this for a very long time (over 10 years) and am experiencing a rather large learning curve.

We moved from Roy, Utah to Provo the week before Christmas. We were paying $1000 rent for a small house in Roy. Here, we are paying 25% more, but it is a huge house with a tremendous view. The only fly in the ointment is that the house is on the market, so could be sold out from under us. This is relatively unlikely since the market is slow and the cost of the house is high. However, it does concern us some.

The really good thing is that I only have to drive about 15 minutes to work, mostly because I have to take the city streets to get there. It took 80 to 90 minutes to drive from Roy, and that was if the traffic was good!

I will post a couple of pictures of our view from the back and the front in the photo albums.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Nighthawk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I saw renting houses in Utah (Provo-Orem which to me are the most decent areas) costing around US$1,000 which to me makes more sense than to rent an apartment of 3 bedrooms that cost you $US800 and you have no yard! Are you looking in buying a house? It seems to be the ideal time?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2010 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author

Page 67 Introduction Nighthawk

There is not even the slightest possibility that we will attempt to purchase a house, not for several years. The last two houses we purchased have completely destroyed our credit, so bad that we don't even get offers for credit cards! smile.gif

This house is on the market for $259,000, which we think is quite high, but then Provo is a relatively high real estate market. But despite the fact that Utah's economy is decent relative to the rest of the country, it is still in pretty bad shape, with fairly high unemployment, low wages, and more unemployment on the way.

If we can get a lot of debts paid off over the next few years, perhaps we will consider buying a house again.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2010 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Nighthawk Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Nighthawk

Glad to see you still around Night. Sounds like you have a lot of fun. I know I am getting close to being a grandfather for the first time. I hope you enjoy your time this weekend with your latest. Hopefully life slows down a bit for you.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2010 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Nighthawk Introduction
A Friend

Nighthawk Introduction

Glad to see your still around. I hope that your classes go well and that you get your medical issue handled. I know at times it can not be easy. Good luck on everything.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 6:05am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Nighthawk Introduction - Page 67

Hey, Nighthawk! While it's not the best news to find out you have diabetes, the good news is that you've found out you have diabetes. Had you not discovered it, you could have had some really serious problems - as I'm sure you've been learning ever since.

Rant On: Now let me just put on my official "nag" hat and tell you that you have to eat better! My mother has diabetes, and she just can't give up the junk food and sugary snacks. And *every time* she eats that junk (which is often), she feels terrible and can't function. She gets weaker and weaker because she is laying around feeling sick all the time. ... So. Fresh food is your friend, junk food is deadly. /End Rant.

Congrats on your schooling! I just finished two classes, myself, and am delighted to be done with them so I can move on to something else. I'm not taking Masters level courses, just getting started, but I know it takes a lot to work full time, be present for your family, do church callings, and still try to find time for any kind of leisure when you have homework, exams, thesis papers, etc. Good luck and great good wishes in that endeavor.

Nice to "see" you, my friend. Carry on.
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author

Nighthawk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 67

I will say that my diet has changed drastically. I occasionally eat a small piece of dark chocolate - after a meal. I changed from regular sodas to diet, not I just have to stop them altogether. My meal sizes are much smaller, and generally contain far less carbohydrates. In fact, I rarely go above my recommended amount for a day, although there are some special occasions, such as birthdays when I might have a small piece of cake.

The doctor was very pleased with my progress in only three months.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
+  « First of 68 pgs.  63 64 65 66 67 68 

> TOPIC: Nighthawk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,