Nighthawk Introduction - Page 2 of 68

I work for one of the Big Three automakers, - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Feb, 2004 - 2:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (68) »
The man of controversy
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Nighthawk Introduction - Page 2

Thank yew, thank yew very much!

Sometimes it is hard to work up the enthusiasm to write a good post, especially when (as has happened on some topics), one or two people keep turning it around the same way.

Anyway, thanks for inviting me to this area.

NightHawk

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Nighthawk

one or two people keep turning it around the same way

laugh.gif I wonder if I am part of those 'one or two' wink.gif

By the way, your son posted an intro in the Welcome board that I recently commented on. Shall I close his account or is he going to be posting?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author

Nighthawk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

No, you aren't one of them.

I was mostly thinking about the topic on Islam. You may have noticed that I left it. Sometimes it just isn't worth it.

No, I don't think my son will be participating. He was interested in the RPG, but I don't think there is enough game (as in XBox) related stuff here.

I will check with him, though, and see what he wants to do.

NightHawk

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Page 2 Introduction Nighthawk

Ah ok, he can check out the Radical Teens and the Games board section. His thread is located here. I thought you were an avid RPGer as well? Check our main site at: https://www.rpg.bordeglobal.net

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.8%
Charm: 183

Introduction Nighthawk

Nighthawk, welcome to the Rave section. Now, you have a place to talk about anything you want. For me, it is really helpful to have this so I don't go off topic so much. I love to talk.... biggrin.gif

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2004 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author

Nighthawk Introduction

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 18-Feb 04, 11:38 AM)
I thought you were an avid RPGer as well?

No, I used to play AD&D, but that was many years ago. I like playing games on consoles and computers, but just not interested in online RPGs. Sorry.

NightHawk

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2004 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Nighthawk Introduction - Page 2

Wow! Nighthawk becoming famous huh? wink.gif what's up?. I'm going straight into the LDS doctrine to see what are you up to wink.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2004 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author

Nighthawk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

I work for one of the Big Three automakers, as a manufacturing engineer. That is, I work on three or four discrete parts for transmissions, improving process throughput, quality, scrap, and tooling. I have been in a rather small (400 person) plant for three years now.

Last summer, I realized that I would never get a promotion while in this plant. So, I started looking for another position within the company. Not a lot was showing up. So, sometime in December, I think it was, I posted my resume on monster.com. Just after that, I was informed that I will be moving, to a headquarters type position, about 8 miles closer to home. In some ways, this will be a good move. They do promote there, I will be working on an interesting project, and will have a chance to get involved in new technology. But I like working on the floor, actually making parts.

Anyway, I have had three or four recruiters contact me, but mostly looking for someone to fill positions here in the Detroit area. Since I really want to get OUT of Michigan (at least the SE portion), I have not been interested.

Last week, I received an email from a recruiter, looking for someone to fill a position in the middle of Washington state! I have talked with the recruiter, sent an updated and modified resume to her, and she has forwarded it to the company.

The problem is, I really don't know what to do. I am praying about it all, a lot, but not getting any answers. My oldest daughter is attending MSU (Mich State), but wants to go to Arizona State. My oldest son will graduate in June. My middle daughter just changed schools (again) and likes it where she is. My middle son will start High School next year and does NOT want to go to the same school where his sister is, because he hates the culture there (the same culture she loves). The two little ones don't care so much, they just don't want to have to change schools. (3rd and 4th grades right now)

As you can see, as far as the children are concerned, there is almost an even split on us getting back out west. I would prefer to find a job in AZ or Las Vegas (anywhere in Utah or Idaho would be best of all), but there really isn't a lot available. Where this company is located is MUCH cheaper to live than here though, and is only a couple of hours away from the most beautiful part of the US, northern Idaho. And it would only be a few hours to get into the BC Rockies (amazingly beautiful mountains).

Anyway, I will have at least a couple more weeks before the company will even have a chance to respond.

NightHawk

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (68) »

> TOPIC: Nighthawk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,