Sea Exam Vs. Common Entrance Examination

Sea Exam Vs Common Entrance Examination - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Jan, 2024 - 1:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2009 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

SEA is punishment for children

Can someone in the education sector please explain what is the difference between the SEA Exam and the Common Entrance Examination? Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Examination Entrance Common Vs Exam Sea

I agree 100% with the letter of this lady. The SEA exam is not a placement exam but a competitive one where the "achievers" are put on pedestals and the ones with diffabilities or less inclined to be "achievers" are not acknowledged at all. I am so grateful for home schooling where my children can learn at their own pace and not be subjected to this unnecessary torture.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2009 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sea Exam Vs. Common Entrance Examination Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Waves of sorrow in this SEA

I never liked the Common Entrance Examination. I do not like the SEA examination either. A preteen is simply not emotionally mature or secure enough to believe that their results in the exam in no way reflects whether they are destined to be a success or a failure in life. No matter how you try to defuse this statement, the exuberance of parents and elders over their "successful'' children reflects an underlying belief by adults that you are either "bright'' or "duncy'', destined for "success'' or "failure'' in life, or bound to become a doctor and not a CEPEP worker if you "get your first choice''. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2010 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Name: Walker

Comments: I agree that young students are placed under a lot of pressure for the SEA examinations. I myself went throught the whole process. 2002,The second year of its commencement.
I do not believe though that the whole problem is the examination,but rather the way in which we percieve it.'We'meaning adults.

For eg., many times parents have a lot of expectations from there children and this leads to pressure.
For eg. having all A's.

Also many teachers and citizens of T&T, believe in what is called 'Prestigious' schools and children are placed
in a situation when their abilities are being compared. Probably if we viewed the exam differently it would diminish some pressure.
1 Parents should always encourage students to do their best and not worry about the school they would go to.
2 Parents should always be proud of their chrildren

I also believe that every student has different learning curves and abilities which are not tested through the SEA exam. But unless your parents have suffient money to send you to a private school, this is the process you have to go through.

18th May, 2013 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Dr Tim Gopeesingh said that the controversial Question 35 on ratio and proportion (that apparently wasn't part of the syllabus but included in the examination) has been excluded from the assessment and will not marked. There were students who started crying hysterically when they saw the question and they knew they couldn't answer it. Is this decision the correct one? A lot of parents can argue that their children spent more than necessary time on that question and as a consequence they neglected the other ones.

For me, I'm just baffled how come nobody is commenting about the reaction of these poor children! This exam is a nightmare.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2024 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Name: SEA 2024 pupil

Title: I hate it…

Comments: right now I am getting 15 in maths and 14 in creative writing, I think it is unfair because in 2023 the passpapers we drilled were easier, but suddenly, the have become harder I think this exam puts too much stress on young children like me, the teacher seems disappointed in me but now I don't personally care, I have grown to learn that this simple exam does not determine my success in life, or if I will ever become successful or get a good job, I feel lost,i feel like SEA is my whole life, like if I fail I will never be successful like I want to be… what is the point? I cannot help but feel like I am wasting my life thinking about some dumb exam, spending hours,days and months drilling passpapers just to feel unsatisfied.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Sea Exam Vs. Common Entrance Examination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,