Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Jul, 2009 - 8:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
PTSD Quotes
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2009 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Brain scan 'could diagnose PTSD'

Scientists say they are moving ever closer to being able to diagnose Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with a brain scanner. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2009 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

Being able to diagnose this is a good thing. Now they work on making it better for those of us that suffer from this.

6th Apr, 2009 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Health & Special Psychology

I agree t is very good they can diagnose it as this makes it an officially a war related disorder that the vets should get government help to treat. Possible pension or payout to boot would be pushed for I would think as well. Treatment to me would be the real reason for a good feeling about this.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2009 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The treatment for this type of problem is not known or it is not a treated disorder as far as I know. I have been suffering from it for well over 15 years and no VA person has asked me to go to a treatment.

6th Apr, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

You know this is a not a new issue WWI it was called shell shock. I actually ponder if this syndrome is even worse now as we are a calmer society then it was then. Harder time and having to fend your own properties might actually prepare the mind better for war.

I think the issue is we have now also is what are the new chemicals used doing to make this worse.

The officials need to buck up and do what is right and I hope this is a tool that can force it legally.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2009 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually shell shock is different from PTSD in some ways. At times they are the same but "shell shock" is actually something that happens in a time of battle. The person seems to lose them selves and go into a type of shock. Some just stand there in one position not moving or caring like they do not have any clue of what is happening around them.

PTSD is something one has to live with and deal with after leaving the military. I got a nice brochure and a manual to read. I gave it to my family to read too. A person who suffered from shell shock can also suffer from PTSD. I knew some WWI vets who suffered.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jul, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

There is a great program at Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisburg PA. That teaches people how to help people who have suffered from traumatic events. It was created right after 9/11. It is a 5 day course and it is $500 to attend. This is a great opportunity for anyone that is interested in helping those who suffer.

9th Jul, 2009 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Psychology Special & Health

Actually that does sound intresting and would help with talking to children in school ages as well with the teasing and such I am thinking.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,