Trini Pies

Trini Pies - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th May, 2009 - 3:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2009 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Trini Pies

Help me say cheese: beef up the pies!

Now this may seem like a trivial matter when compared with the Summit of the Americas looming on the horizon or the ever-increasing crime rate. But as a consumer who often stops off at those pastry outlets for a quick bite, have you ever stopped to wonder about that "cheese" in your cheese pie, or the "fish" in your fish pie or the "beef" in your beef pie and so forth? Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2009 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Pies Trini

I stopped buying doubles and pies long ago. The sellers are not hygienic. I am not surprised in the least they may not be using cheese or meat inside those pies. Yikes!

8th May, 2009 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Trini Pies Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

This is really sad and sickening! I have often heard horror stories from my friends in purchasing pies on the streets and hence the reason why I vowed never to buy street food or pies. What I find appalling about this story is, the guy is being charged $4.50! I think that is very expensive and I would have expected for him to be receiving a real beef pie. Even if they chose to "skimp" on the beef.

I remember a friend of mine who warned me about "mystery meat" in beef pies. He said that these vendors visit the abattoirs and look for the remains that people discard. They take it, grind it in a meat processor, incorporate many seasonings such as pepper, chado beni, onions, pimientos etc, fry it until it turns dark brown, place it in a large pastry shell, cook and then sell it! So folks, beware of the mystery meat in pies!

> TOPIC: Trini Pies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,