Childminding

Childminding - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Apr, 2009 - 5:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2009 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Childminding
A Friend

Childminding

Hi I was wondering what the childminding situation is in Trinidad.

Do mothers prefer to take their child to a centre or to a childminder? If so how much does it cost per hour?

Is there any laws or regulations that need to be put in place before someone can childmind in their own house?

Is there a need for childminders while parents are working to look after their kids?

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2009 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Childminding

QUOTE (Trinigal @ 7-Apr 09, 11:28 AM)
Do mothers prefer to take their child to a centre or to a childminder? If so how much does it cost per hour?

Depends on the age of your child but mostly mothers take their kids to a daycare center. No idea how much they charge. Mind you, MOST of them are not qualified to do so (no CPR certification, etc).

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2009 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Childminding
A Friend

Childminding Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Also When I do come down I want to do babysitting/childminding

would parents of special needs / disability kids go for something like this.

Is there a need for childminders?

26th Apr, 2009 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Childminding

QUOTE (Trinigal @ 26-Apr 09, 12:33 PM)
would parents of special needs / disability kids go for something like this.

Depends, are you qualified to see about special needs children? Where will you be doing this? It depends on a lot of factors.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2009 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Childminding
A Friend

Childminding

Well I don't have a formal qualification but I have worked with able, special needs and disabled children 0-18 yrs in schools and sport clubs for 14 years now. I will be providing the service in my own home.

26th Apr, 2009 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Childminding

Well, I would suggest you to do a course or something in the UK that can show your qualifications before you come.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2009 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Childminding
A Friend

Childminding

Problem is courses are at least a year or more , I'm moving to Trini in 5 months. What is the process anyway? If I have got 14 years experience working with children isn't that enough. I work in a hospital with neonatal babies at the moment and a sport coach (no qualifiction). I have has courses I.e resusatation, Child protection but do not have certificates.
How do people become childminders In trinidad? and what is the cost for different services (average)?

30th Apr, 2009 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Childminding Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

You might get a few people. It all depends on your location and fees because you are doing this from your home. You might need to get a security guard too. Most prep schools have them now to avoid disgruntled parents.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Childminding

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,