Wizard

+  1 2 

Dungeons & Dragons Co-Creator
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dave Arneson

Dave Arneson

Role-playing games pioneer dies

Dave Arneson, one of the co-creators of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy game, dies of cancer at 61 in Minnesota. Ref. Source 9

Dave Arneson
Dave Arneson (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2009 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Arneson Dave

Too bad it's like the end of the greats in D&D. Still their legacy will live on since they've affected role-playing forever!

17th Apr, 2009 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Dave Arneson Reviews RPG & Card Board

Dave Arneson is a legend. Him and Gary Gygax changed the way we think about gaming forever. Rest in peace.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2009 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Dave Arneson
A Friend

Arneson Dave

I know the gaming community really feels his loss. The way many have gotten into the RPG worlds is from this man and his vision. He will be missed.

22nd Apr, 2009 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Arneson Dave

Certainly never the one in the spotlight for creating D&D, He failed his saving throw against disease and he and Gygax are probably rolling up characters and scribbling down monster stats at the Great Con in the Sky. Unless they go to hell because D&D is a gateway to devil worship.

23rd Apr, 2009 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Dave Arneson

That's funny jpatt but I hope you don't really think that D&D is a gateway to devil worship. On the oldest D&D manual I've seen online you do see "Gygax & Arneson" after that you see "TSR".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Apr, 2009 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Dave Arneson

Hahah, well, when younger, I would have defiantly tried to disabuse people of the ridiculous notion that D&D is a gateway to bad stuff, but I have to admit:

1. I was sorta already reading books about ghosts and stuff but D&D actually DID get me into learning more about the paranormal and the various world pantheons and then different religions and philosophies... And I am currently an Agnostic Deist or something so ... I'm not worshipping devils but I guess depending on who you ask, I might as well be. So maybe I'm only half kidding. =)

2. Considering how it started out and the tentacled rules-heavy monstrosity D&D has become, I just about consider playing 3.0+ to be contributing to a horrible conspiracy to make everything like an online game, which for tabletop purposes of recordkeeping etc, I'd say IS Hell.

Luckily there are tons of other game systems.

24th Apr, 2009 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Dave Arneson Board Card & RPG Reviews

Hey guy, nothing personal but where you decided to go after playing an rpg has nothing to do with D & D or rpgs or any game, that just sounds like you need a leather couch and someone with a pencil and a notepad.

As for Arnerson and Gygax, wherever they may be I hope they are happy at the lovely mess they have put us in.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dave Arneson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,