Working Late Hours & Safety

Working Late Hours Safety - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Apr, 2009 - 2:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th Apr, 2009 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

If you live in a high crime area and finish work at late hours in the morning, what are some of your options, especially if you are a woman?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2009 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Safety and Hours Late Working

The best things to do is to stay in well lighted or well traveled areas. Knowing your area and the potential places a crime could occur. Travel with keys ready or pepper mace ready in case you are assaulted.

14th Apr, 2009 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Working Late Hours & Safety History & Civil Business Politics

In countries such as mine you are not allowed to use pepper spray.

Here are my first options:

1. Do not take such a job, try your best to get a day time job

2. If you must take the job then agree with your boss that you can get off a bit earlier

3. Travel with other workers as far as you can

4, Make sure to vary your hours - do not leave at the same time on the same days - no patterns.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

14th Apr, 2009 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Maybe you can stay with a friend that leaves in the area or even wait until the early hours of the morning when the sun is up. I don't think having another woman as a traveling companion can make a difference.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2009 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I try to let women know that if they are traveling at night to keep your doors locked. If you are walking alone try to keep some keys between you fingers to use against an attacker. If you can carry pepper mace. Do not walk the same way home every night. Know where the businesses are that are open over night so you can walk/run to them if need be arises. Even if nothing has happened try to stay alert. Look for things that are out of place. Have a friend pick you if possible. I also show them some self defense moves to get away from a would be attacker.

14th Apr, 2009 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Its interesting no one suggested having a personal firearm like one of those mini hand guns.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2009 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A gun is not likely to help much unless you are proficient in its use. Not really that easy to shoot some one unless you had practice. Killing another human is hard mentally for most.

What about loud horns and thing to make noise, after all the idea is they do not desire to be scene. Marking die is an item that may not stop them but help id them in the end. I have heard it is a deterrent also as they take off seeing they have been marked.

Really though the biggy is being more then one person and in a well lit and well traveled area. Higher chance of robber getting caught. I now in some areas that does not matter and the only safe way is not to be there.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2009 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Working Late Hours & Safety Politics Business Civil & History

Having a fire arm is a big responsibility. Having one will keep you safe as long as you are prepared to use it. I do not mention the use of a firearm because most are not able to use it for what it is designed to be used for. Having it just means the attacker is now armed in most cases.

> TOPIC: Working Late Hours & Safety

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,