Jackie Chan: Free Society Not Good For China

Jackie Chan Free Society Good China - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Apr, 2009 - 1:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

'We Chinese need to be controlled'

Action star Jackie Chan said he's not sure if a free society is a good thing for China and that he's starting to think "we Chinese need to be controlled." Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2009 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

China Good Society Free Chan Jackie

Referring to below. Well that's obvious, stick to acting if you want to remain loved by fans.

Jackie Chan faces China backlash

Action star Jackie Chan's comments wondering whether Chinese people "need to be controlled" have drawn sharp rebuke in Hong Kong and in Taiwan. Ref. Source 8

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Apr, 2009 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Jackie Chan: Free Society Not Good For China History & Civil Business Politics

Easy for Jackie to say when he travels all around the world, lives comfortable in the US and other countries and has the benefit of being a celebrity. rolleyes.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would not want to be in his shoes right now. While I would like to see the Chinese people get more rights and all I still do not think any people needs to be controlled.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2009 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Name: Cherry

Comments: I'm from Hong Kong, and I'm a Chinese.
If you say there's too much freedom in Hong Kong, of course, freedom have a price. We have different political parties here, and yes, we argue and debate on political issues, very often in the Legislative Council. Comparing to the political system in China, of course, single-party dictatorship enables policies to be carried out effectively and efficiently. But would it be better to have people voicing their opinions? Without the politicians monitoring the government, I am sure, Hong Kong COULD be much more peaceful (I'm not saying it's chaotic now), but then, the policies would not be based on citizen's welfare and benefit.

And Jackie Chan, born and raised in Hong Kong, of all people, should have understood this.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2009 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Name: Paul

Comments: It seems as though Jackie is frustrated with Chinese people who make stupid choices. By far the best way to ensure people make good choices is to ensure that they are raised in good families and taught that way. This is true both in a free society and in nations where people are "controlled". Liberty is always best for any people anywhere, but time-tested teaching within strong families must accompany that. I believe that China and most of Asia has had this going for them traditionally, although it may have eroded somewhat recently. But this is no reason to give up on people and say that they must be controlled.
Those who stand to gain from the population being controlled will always nod in agreement with Jackie's statement for obvious reasons. They espouse the "plantation mentality" and justify their wrong actions in their own minds by pointing out the ills in free societies. Teaching, encouragement, and gentle correction will yield much better results in the long run than attempts to force and control.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Jackie Chan: Free Society Not Good For China

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,