Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage

Miss Usa California Responds Gay Marriage - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2009 - 6:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

Video - Pad Squad Carrie
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Did Pad Squad Carrie - Miss California's response to a Gay Marriage questions cost her the competition? See the video:

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2009 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

This is getting really big. Here is what Perez Hilton had to say after the Miss USA show:

Other points:

* Perez has been getting a lot of hate mail for this
* A parent scuffled with someone that was gay after the show
* Miss California has been getting a lot of support for standing up for her views

20th Apr, 2009 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage Sports & Fashion Music Movies

First of all, with no offense to Miss California she did NOT answer the question. Nobody asked her what is her personal view on gay marriage. Listen to the question carefully. I think it was very wrong for her to answer something that was NOT asked and probably that alone cost her the competition, not to mention that even the wrong answer she gave was express in such a poor way, sorry she did not sound very smart.

Now with regards to Perez Hilton, he needs a chill pill. It is absolutely unacceptable that he would throw such insults to the girl in that video. I hope they sue him.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It is my belief that this type of question should never have been asked in this type of competition. Heck you can not even get politicians to answer this type of question and here you place a young lady on the spot. No matter how she answered she would have been wrong. How fair is that for her or any other contestant?

21st Apr, 2009 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

I do not see anything wrong with the question, it is a popular issue. I do agree with Perez only on one point - her answer could have surrounded that it was each State's position as he did not ask what her personal decision was - in other words she shared more info than is necessary. HOWEVER there is no excuse for his behavior after the fact.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It is a popular issue I will say that but it is a issue that has no real right or wrong answer. This makes it tough for anyone to answer. To have a issue in a contest that will cause you hardship either way it is answered is not fair to the contestant that is asked of this question. Granted she could have given a non committal answer but that would not have helped her either. That is my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2009 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage

Quite frankly, I do not see anything wrong with the way Miss California answered the question. It was honest however, to represent your country, one must master the art of diplomacy and show intelligence. What she should have done was to answer the question in a neutral way. I believe that this answer cost her the competition because ONE OF THE JUDGES WAS GAY and also involved in a SAME SEX MARRIAGE! Hence the reason why she lost.

I think these competitions are focusing on intelligence these days. I remember long ago, the questions were very superficial and now, they are becoming more and more political. I guess the judges are trying to determine if these women have a lot more to offer than grace, style and a gorgeous body, to represent their own country.

22nd Apr, 2009 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Initially, I agree the question was inappropriate.

However, if they really are trying to ask harder questions, of substance, then it was a fair question, especially to Miss California as that state is extremely visible with its back-and-forth battle over the issue.

I don't think its possible to know if it cost her the crown, as you can't predict the future and don't know what portion and if all the judges were outraged or whatever - while I agree it is possible that's what happened, I say NO because it's too subjective and there is no actual evidence supporting thing claim.

It sounded like the audience was split about half, booing or clapping.

I do agree with Hilton in that she should have basically "pulled a (insert known politician here)" and dodged the question or answered truly neutrally about the state deciding, as it was indeed "TMI", though IF she has been asked her personal opinion, I have to say I applaud her being honest even though there was only one "right" answer - and I personally support gay marriage but am not gay.

The only other thing that strikes me about this is that it generated an AWFUL lot of controversy and media coverage - heck I have never seen any of these pageants and wouldn't have known about this one if it hadn't been plastered wall to wall on all the news... I sometimes wonder if people don't do things like this intentionally because any publicity is good publicity, maybe she's setting herself up for being a celebrity or getting her own show or something.

And while I know he was upset, Hilton should have kept his retraction of his apology and calmed [..] down, if he wanted to appear civil, but free speech and all.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,