Stephen Hawking - Page 2 of 6

Oh I see you are on that argument, so my question - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 7th Sep, 2010 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
8th May, 2010 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking - Page 2

It must be like totally frustrating to have all that genius but challenged to express it. He's like a totally good example that you can go against the odds and become brilliant no matter your disability.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2010 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hawking Stephen

Stephen Hawking: Mankind Must Move To Outer Space Within A Century
By Richard Alleyne, Science Correspondent

The human race must look to outer space within the next century or it will become extinct, Professor Stephen Hawking has warned. Ref. Source 7

2nd Sep, 2010 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

For Mr. Hawking God no longer has any place in theories on the creation of the Universe.

international QUOTE
LONDON (Reuters) - God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.

In "The Grand Design," co-authored with U.S. Physicist Leonard Mlodinow, Hawking says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant, according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

Hawking, 68, who won global recognition with his 1988 book "A Brief History of Time," an account of the origins of the universe, is renowned for his work on black holes, cosmology and quantum gravity.

Since 1974, the scientist has worked on marrying the two cornerstones of modern physics -- Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which concerns gravity and large-scale phenomena, and quantum theory, which covers subatomic particles....

3rd Sep, 2010 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Hawking Stephen

I know where he is going with the idea of no need for God for the big bang to occur, but I still have problems with where did the energy come from to allow the gravitational and magnetic forces to transform it into mass? I can see that with what he is saying that he doesnt see a need for God to specifically have made the Universe or rather touched off the big bang. However, he would still need to explain the origin of this free floating energy to totally pull the need for a creator out of it.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 3rd Sep, 2010 - 12:50am

3rd Sep, 2010 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Hawking Stephen

Stephen Hawking and others like him may be more okra with academics than the rest of us but they are fundamentally flawed in their theories because they are seeking to understand something far bigger than they can comprehend. It is like a brain cell inside the body trying to tell you the history of the whole person they occupy using blood samples and a couple of memories. Additionally, they often forget that their theories are based on observation and forensics which gives a narrow perspective and not necessarily the truth. Hence their famous predecessors thought the world was flat and made other wrong theories simply because they were trying to find truth through just looking.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2010 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking
A Friend

Stephen Hawking

international QUOTE (Vincenzo @ 3-Sep 10, 12:47 AM)
I know where he is going with the idea of no need for God for the big bang to occur, but I still have problems with where did the energy come from to allow the gravitational and magnetic forces to transform it into mass?  I can see that with what he is saying that he doesnt see a need for God to specifically have made the Universe or rather touched off the big bang.  However, he would still need to explain the origin of this free floating energy to totally pull the need for a creator out of it.
"but I still have problems with where did the energy come from to allow the gravitational and magnetic forces to transform it into mass?"

OK I address this part. First to ask were energy comes from is meaningless because energy is eternal, in that it cannot be created or destroyed only change form, also you may be thinking that something cant come from nothing, but the fact is that particles pop into and out of existence all the time, its called quantum fluctuations, and it can also explain how our universe came into existence. Also you may ask what was before the Big bang, the simple answer right now is nothing because time began at the big bang so what can be before time ? nothing as there would be no before. Hope this clears the confusion up.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letter as needed. Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2010 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking - Page 2

What Hawking doesn't understand is that the very laws of physics and other branches of science of which he is so enamored were created by God. That's the basic flaw in his current mindset.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking
A Friend

Stephen Hawking Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Oh I see you are on that argument, so my question to you would be "what created god and what laws govern god" if your answer is "god is eternal" then its equally applied that the universe could also be eternal and therefore needs no god to create it.

Also are you sure you want to say god created our universe, if so you can only create something in the time dimension, therefore god would also have to be in the time dimension to create our universe ,and following from that god him/it self would also have to be created.

So take your pick.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Stephen Hawking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,