Chuck Introduction

Chuck Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Chuck Introduction
A Friend

Chuck Introduction

Hello! I am an American businessman doing a lot of work in the Islands, particularly Trinidad. I've been there several times and love (most) of it. As I am an International Security Consultant (Translates into salesman of CCTV stuff) I am not put off by a bit of crime. After all, crime pays for me. I have a situation where one of my clients wants me to become a part of his company full time. Move from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Spain area. I will be flying in next week for round one of the negotiations. It is a good company that needs what I have, and I get on well with the people there. I am to say the least, mature, at 63YO. I have good friends there for a support system, and my wife is excited about the Grand Adventure. What I want is more info about daily life. The newspapers seem useless, only political drama and the latest body count. What about what normal people do? What is there to be a part of? My wife loves gardening, are there such organizations there? I am an auto enthusiast, there are others I'm sure. Looking for information, advise, and input. Thanks, Chuck

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Chuck

Welcome to this International Community!

Thanks for your Introduction. It is good that you were willing to join us here, we hope that you will become an ACTIVE vibrant constructive poster. You may like to take a minute to update your profile by clicking on 'My Controls' near the top right of this page and clicking on any 'Edit' link. Please do begin participating by sharing your views on the many Topics covered within this International Community.

If you ever have questions about features in the Community please do ask here, your Introduction Thread by pressing the [Reply] button.

FYI: Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Constructive Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Chuck Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Greetings, you are the husband of Jane? We have a large T&T section where you will find there are Threads that are already in progress and your questions are answered, see: Source 3 also see: TT Crime Board

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Chuck

Hi Chuck, welcome. I noticed there are several people who seem to come to Trinidad with similar jobs. Please visit the Trinidad and Tobago board where you will find lots and lots of threads about lifestyle in Trinidad, also there is board for Trini food so you can get an idea of the local dishes.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Chuck Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Chuck

Hello JB. Yes, Jane is my personal JB. (Jane Bernadette) My first trip to TT was 2 years ago and spent a week there this past Feb. I have done work throughout the islands, and have clients all over. I started the consultation/ distribution business two years ago, thinking, hey make some phone calls, ship some boxes, no big deal. I have never worked so hard in my life. As a salesman, dealing with island people is a treat. Nobody hangs up on a cold call, everybody wants the information I can provide, and true friends have grown from this. I have learned that , at times , a promise is more like a vague statement of possible intent, but I can deal with that. Generally, it is the genuine friendliness of the people that gets to me. I have not had any interaction with thugs or gangsters, although I do know that if I would want to find them, it would not be difficult. Or advisable. Hey, I've worked in Kingston Jamaica! I have seen really bad. Where I live, Ft. Lauderdale, people are NOT friendly, everybody is from someplace else, and they are not loking to make new friends. Also, the economic downturn has hammered this area. So, Trinidad, with it's warts, looks very inviting now. Besides, I love Grand Adventures!

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Chuck Introduction

QUOTE (Chuck)
...a promise is more like a vague statement of possible intent, but I can deal with that.

That made me grin. I actually do not work much with Trinis because of this and the majority of my work comes from everywhere else but Trinidad. You can reply to Threads in the T&T Boards if you have specific questions, we can answer them there.

If you need website services for your new operation feel free to let me know.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Chuck Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,