Swine Flu - Page 11 of 21

Swine flu parties not recommended The Health - Page 11 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Jun, 2009 - 12:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: How worried are you about becoming infected with Swine Flu?
  Extremely Concerned       14.29%
  Very Concerned       0.00%
  Somewhat Concerned       28.57%
  Not Bothered At All       57.14%
  What Is Swine Flu?       0.00%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Swine Flu
H1N1
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2009 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Swine Flu - Page 11

Australia flu 'may tip pandemic'

A four-fold jump in Australia's swine flu infections could spark a WHO pandemic announcement, experts warn. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2009 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu
A Friend

Flu Swine

Sounds like this is hitting Australia pretty hard due to it being fall down there. I hope that it does not cause many deaths.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2009 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu Health & Special Psychology

First 'home grown' swine flu case

The first case of someone catching swine flu within Northern Ireland has been confirmed by health officials. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2009 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Flu Swine

Swine Flu global pandemic

The World Health Organization has raised its H1N1 swine flu alert to the highest level, implying a full-scale global pandemic has begun. Ref. BBC

13th Jun, 2009 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Flu Swine

It's official: The H1N1 is a pandemic.

Health agency declares flu pandemic
Virus 'now unstoppable,' WHO says, but cautions against overreacting

By Thomas H. Maugh II | Tribune Newspapers
    June 12, 2009

The World Health Organization on Thursday acknowledged what many health experts have been saying for weeks: The outbreak of H1N1 virus is now a pandemic.

"The world is now at the start of the 2009 influenza pandemic," said Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the WHO, at a Geneva teleconference. "This virus is now unstoppable."

In a letter sent to member countries, Chan said she is officially raising the agency's infectious disease alert to Phase 6, its highest level, in recognition of the fact that the virus is now undergoing community-wide transmission in Australia and in North America. Such spread in two distinct regions of the world is the primary criterion for raising the alert level.

This is rather interesting to me, the way the cases of H1N1 have spread across the globe. The fact that it seems to be increasing is fulfillment of predictions by some news reports back in March of a "second wave" appearing before the end of the year.

Rather off topic, but...
I currently have a version of flu, myself. Not this one, I don't have the symptoms for that. But annoying nonetheless.

13th Jun, 2009 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu

It's official: The H1N1 is a pandemic.

News above you already reported that. It's important to note that 'pandemic' should not mean that it is going to kill us all like flies, it just means it is pretty much world-wide. I think the most unhealthy among us will succumb others who may get it go through the symptoms and then recover as they would from any other sickness / fever.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jun, 2009 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu - Page 11

Swine Flu Death

Scots A patient with swine flu who also had underlying health conditions has died in a hospital in Scotland. Ref. BBC

A lot of the cases that end in death usually involve the person having multiple complications.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2009 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Swine Flu Psychology Special & Health - Page 11

Swine flu parties not recommended

The Health Ministry has warned against hosting "swine flu parties" following overseas concerns parents are deliberately exposing children. Ref. Source 1

> TOPIC: Swine Flu

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,