Unusual Dry Season

Unusual Dry Season - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th May, 2009 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Feb, 2009 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Unusual Dry Season

Did you all notice how much rain fall so far and we are supposed to be in dry season? It seems like in March we will see a change in the weather conditions.

A fishing boat sank, rivers broke their banks, roads were impassable and several homes were flooded yesterday, following two days of rain.

Two landslides were also reported along the northern coast.

And the Meteorological Office at Piarco reported that although it was not unusual to have rains during the dry season, more than average rainfall has already been measured.

Shakeer Baig, chief meteorologist, said similar weather patterns were experienced in 2005 and 2006, when it rained during the dry season.

He said although the long-term average rainfall for the month of January was usually 71.2 mm, the Met Office recorded 109.9 mm this year. And in less than two weeks, February has already measured 31 mm, when it's long term average is 43.0 mm.

But Baig insisted that Trinidad and Tobago was not under any tropical storm threat, watch or warning.

"It is not ordinary to have this kind of rainfall in the dry season, but all the atmospheric features which needs to come together to create the dry season has not yet been fully established," he said.

Baig said radar images identify widespread cloud cover over Trinidad and also show cloudiness moving in from the east with potential more rainfall. "The anticipated rainfall activity today may lead to increase incidences of street/flash flooding especially in areas of heavy and prolonged periods of rain," he said.

Baig said in the month of March, Trinidad and Tobago is expected to experience some dry conditions. ..

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2009 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Season Dry Unusual

Weather in Trinidad can only be known in half hour intervals. You basically look to the East and know what the weather will be like in the next 30 minutes.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Unusual Dry Season
A Friend

Unusual Dry Season Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

we are in our wet season right now. With rain last night and today making sure the rivers all are bank full or beyond. Soon it will stop and the farmers will get in their fields.

5th May, 2009 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Season Dry Unusual

I believe this unusual dry season has been a pattern for a few years now. Scientists are speculating that it could be the result of the deterioration of the ozone layer that is causing this unusual phenomena. Personally, I hate it. I remember the good old days when we had 6 months of dry season and 6 months of wet season. I preferred it that way. It can be very irritating and confusing for people to decide whether or not they should walk with their umbrella when going to work. I hope the farmers' crops don't suffer too much from this.

> TOPIC: Unusual Dry Season

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,