Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 3 of 5

Name: Bolondron Comments: This officers are - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Apr, 2011 - 6:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
20th Jan, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 3

Do note that even after your wedding Immigration will still 'scrutinize' if you want to call it that, your purpose for staying and even your relationship and reason for marriage. Of course it boils down sometimes to who interviews you but generally I found our experiences with immigration generally positive.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2010 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two
A Friend

Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Well, time for an update...
I went to Immigration to get another extension, and was granted another three months! This is more than we could have asked for, it gives us enough time to get married and begin the process for my residency here!
I am so excited, and I have to say that my experience at Immigration this time was fantastic... Well, except for the three hour wait to get service, but in the end that wait was definitely worth it. The lady who granted my extension was fabulous, and I left smiling with another stamp in my passport. She even wished us an early congratulations on our upcoming marriage.
What an amazing, positive experience it was!

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2010 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Kisz

Comments: Just a quick question... While applying for residency are you allowed to stay in Trinidad?

16th Feb, 2010 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Kisz, if you have a visa to stay for a specific amount of time yes. Keep in mind though you will need a work permit if you plan to work.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2010 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Name: Joey

Comments: Dear Jewels. Where do I even start... I am so happy to have found your post. I have just left Trinidad after being there with my fiance for the past two months. He was due to come back to the UK this September (were I'm from) to complete his MA that he already started here in the UK a year ago. However this week plans changed drastically and now he is staying in Trinidad for perhaps the next year to save more money to return back to the UK to complete his Studies.
He is of dual nationality - Antigua and Trinidad.

So... He now wants me to come over to Trinidad to live for the next year or so so that we as a family can all be together. We/ I have a 5 year old son that is missing him sorely. He isn't his biological son but for the past couple years has raised him as such that he is all the father my son knows and calls him daddy.
WE NEED TO ALL BE TOGETHER.

He wishes for me to come to Trinidad over this summer so that our child could go to school there in September. I don't even know where I should be starting and I was hoping that you could give me some advice as to how I should go about getting a extended stay.

I really don't know what to so... This is a life changing thing we will be doing for the next couple of years my son and I both need to be with him as a family unit.
At the moment we are paying out twice for every thing, rent, food, car - you name it.

I really hope you can advise

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2010 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's Joey, I've become a member on here.

Been reading about the crime in Trinidad and [..] it's scary... The story about the 6 year old boy in the cane field! What's wrong with people?

I'm feeling a bit scared now... Although I was there for two months with no problems.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters / slang / shorthand that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you". See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Mar, 2010 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Staying Trinidad For Year Two - Page 3

Joey, the first thing you should do is contact Immigration Services of Trinidad & Tobago and find out what you need. If you are married things are a bit easier to handle, but I'm not sure what your son would have to go through.

Concerning your comments about crime and living conditions I suggest you keep that to the Threads designated for those such as here: Source 1 or here: Source 3

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2011 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Staying Trinidad For Year Two Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Name: Bolondron

Comments: This officers are a joke, they even laugh in your face. They do a big power trip but that's just a thing. The main thing is that non of them know what they doing and the only way for them to look like an authority is striking a "funny face" pretending to know a lot, been disrespectful towards decent people and waste your time. I wish this lovely country could invest more preparing their authority's and focus on their true problems. Is really annoying to be treated that bad when all the money I get it goes to this country, but well I guess I choose to get into this.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,