Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 5 of 5

Like any place in the world there is good - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Nov, 2012 - 1:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
29th Sep, 2011 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 5

Guayaguayare is super countryside and definitely a different part of Trinidad. I hope he's taken you lots of other places because its not that peaceful usually.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2012 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Name: Mar

Title: Immigration in Trinidad

Comments: I'm Canadian also, and when I went to [Trinidad] with my [boy friend], it was for him to go back there to live and I was just visiting. I stayed there 6 months and I can't remember clearly, but I think I had an itinerary with an open ticket for a year. But we didn't want to leave each other so we got married there. That's the only way I could stay past 6 months. I had an ignorant officer tell me one day that I had missed my last extension application (I didn't, they told me the officer I was to see was sick, and I wrote all the info down, but they apparently didn't record the info themselves) so I had to leave the country to come back. I didn't have the money at the time, as we were married and I was staying there to become a citizen. had to give a 5000 buck bond at the time too which was non refundable they said. I was literally in tears the guy was such an ass. I said I couldn't afford to go back Canada he said why not Venezuela then. I lost it! I said I'm in a dangerous country already and you want me to take a boat to Venezuela and wait for the next boat in a country where it's easy to be robbed or murdered or whatever? My husband didn't stand for that and went to an officer that was standing around and that officer said the main guy to see was upstairs. We didn't see the main guy that day because this officer was sympathetic to my situation and told me to wait and I got my extension without having to go out the country. Even though it's totally not organized there, you have to keep talking to guards or whomever and they will eventually get you to the correct place.
Remember the non refundable deposit? I got that back. I was tired of not being able to work etc, and I wanted to bring my hubby back to Canada so we went to a neighbour who worked at immigration and told him I was frightened to be there (at the time there was a gang called the 'Forest gang' who were killing dogs to be able to rob and kill some people in the village by us and we are right by that forest, it's in our back yard, so I used that to beg my money back. I got the money back no problems. It's a who you know and how you operate kind of scene there.
if you want to reside in Trinidad, and become a citizen, remember if you want to go back to Canada, YOU'LL then need a letter of invitation and then YOU'LL have to go into town and rely on the mercies of Canadian embassy to accept or deny you. They don't often give anyone a visa right off unless you can show you have ties to the country that sort of thing. Maybe different in our situation but it's frustrating for locals. Multiple entries are 150 cad. If they deny you, you could be spending alot to apply again, it's definitely non refundable!
There is a lot of things about Trinidad that are great, a lot that are not so great. Don't remember when you posted this, but would love to know if you got through or not. But immigration sucks, they do waste alot of time in the office, people do know information, they just want the power over people so they don't tell you.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2012 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two
A Friend

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I agree with the government side of things that they can be difficult to deal with at times (though not always of course). However let me just say that:

For me Pandora paints this picture that we live in the forest in the Congo or live in the Amazon away from the civilized world. This is of course far from the truth. Someone I think needs to get real or leave if they are so anti-Trinidad and Tobago.

Jewels I would like you to know that you should make the best of it if you have decided to come to this country and live here. It is not all that bad as some would indeed make it out to be. I know of an American woman who has married a Trinidadian man here and she sold her own home to come and live here and she is making the best of it I can tell you.

I am certain that in Canada it is not all that a "rosy place" at all times in dealing with certain people as some have imagined it to be in their minds because in reality nowhere is. I know of some Trinidadians who have gone over there and have reported being treated very indifferently by those who are Canadian and some have also reported even experiencing racial bias as well. The same goes for England also as I have also been told

The problem with the governmental organs in Trinidad has to do with job performance quality assessment which some governmental workers have not been subjected to on a periodic basis so that they would always maintain high standards in the particular field they are in.

If they knew that the quality of their performances were always going to be reviewed they would always aim to maintain a good work ethic in their work environments and the time has come for such it seems. wink.gif

5th Nov, 2012 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Like any place in the world there is good and bad. If you're coming from a well developed country then it will take getting used to at first but most foreigners I know get into how Trinis do things after awhile.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,