Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 2 of 5

Well, my ongoing saga... I am going to immigration - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Jan, 2010 - 12:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
30th Nov, 2009 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two - Page 2

international QUOTE
I have found that at least in the Immigration department's extension of stay office, the employees seem to be only concerned about when their next break is.

That's just about in everything. One thing Trinidad isn't known for is service, we have the worst service ever. You're buying something and the person taking the money looks like if they're vex you're there buying. If you're at a fast food place and you make a large order they start watching you like if you're asking too much. Oh worst yet if you by chance have to change your order while making it you might get a steups and something we call here... A cut eye!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Name: Oneka

Comments: I would seriously reconsider relocating to Trinidad as things are bad there and only going to get worst. I would definitely stay in Canada and maybe see Trini as a place for a short holiday every year! Your life depends on it...if you don't believe me read the Guardian online every day. The people who live there most want to leave and the others....well they just mad!

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2009 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two
A Friend

Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well, I want to immigrate here because my fiancee has strong family ties here, has 3 children, 2 in school and one who will be going to school soon. He has a good job here, owns a home, and he loves his country. He wants to visit Canada someday, but his soul belongs to the Island.
I know that the crime rate here is nuts, on an island only as big as Ottawa, Canada, and yet the murder rate is the same as ALL of Canada. Pretty scary, I'll freely admit. But for all the bad, there is amazing things too - Manzanilla beach at sunset, all the wonderful beaches and the breathtaking views, the wildlife, the taste of a fresh picked mango... Well I could go on and on.
This country seems to be on the cusp of something wonderful, it's just a matter of time before things start to change for the better.
But most of all, I want to stay because my heart belongs to a man who lives here, and that is the best reason of all to immigrate to Trinidad.
So in my latest call to the immigration department I finally got to speak with the information clerk. I was told that the Extension of Stays are granted for six months at a time. The lady I spoke with said that I would have to come in sometime in late January to make an appointment for another extension, and have a good reason why the extension should be granted. I asked her if a pending marriage to a resident was a good reason, and she said as long as the banns were posted and the wedding was sooner rather than later. With any luck, I will be married before the appointment, so I would have no worries since I'll apply for residency right after the wedding.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2009 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Name: Oneka

Comments: Well I guess you have your mind made up! I hope I dont have to read about you as another statistic in the papers!. As much as you love a country you life is much more important in my eyes ....there's also the option of moving to a safer Island like Barbados or St. Lucia which is not that far away from family ties. And while yes the beaches are nice you can get nicer beaches in other neighbouring Caribbean countries.

4th Dec, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Two Year For Trinidad Staying

Hey Jewels are you allowed to work in Trinidad? Or do you need to get a work permit?

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2009 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi English Man,
I can't work here without a work permit. Once I become a resident, I will be able to work, and I look forward to it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Dec, 2009 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Staying Trinidad For Year Two - Page 2

Jewels, the residency process takes time. As soon as you marry, you should apply for a work permit, you can always extent it until your residency comes through.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2010 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Staying Trinidad For Year Two Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Well, my ongoing saga...

I am going to immigration this week to apply for my second extension of stay here in Trinidad. If all goes well, I'll be lucky and get an appointment dated AFTER our wedding (that would make everything so much easier) but if not, I will definitely be pleading my case very loud and strong, and my fiancee and I will be well armed with printouts of their own website as well as all documentation from our posted banns to our confirmed wedding date and financial info too! I'll keep you posted on everything since my story may help others in the same situation.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Staying In Trinidad For A Year Or Two

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,