Japan vs North Korea - Page 7 of 8

North Koreans who lived through WW II have - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2017 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Japan vs North Korea
A Friend

Japan vs North Korea - Page 7

Things over the past decade have slowly gotten heated up. It is like a pot on the stove and the water is getting close to a rolling boil. I can see the boiling water becoming much more heated before spilling over and everything cuts loose. With him shooting at japan it will not be long before a retaliatory strike is launched.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2017 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

Korea North Japan

A large part of me just can't understand why that region of the world is just sitting back and watching it happen. Same with France in Polynesia, why the rest of the world didn't impose sanctions or other punishment is beyond me. How can the rest of the world seemingly turn a blind eye to all this destruction and harm being done to the planet, nevermind the threat posed to peoples in those regions. When we all start coming together to work on preserving what we have rather than preparing to destroy all that stands before us? I'll tell you when… when it's' too late most likely….

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 30th Aug, 2017 - 10:23am

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2017 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Japan vs North Korea
A Friend

Japan vs North Korea History & Civil Business Politics

Glarion,

I think the problem is we all have different ideas on exactly what is important, on "What we have" as you say. Each country has its own interests. To a large extant her people believe the same thing. And that is what causes conflicts, when the interests of one country goes against the interest of another. Much like China's interests in the South China Sea being diametrically opposed to what Vietnam and Japan believe their interests to be. Much like the US in the 19th century being diametrically opposed to the interests of Mexico and the Native American nations. I pray we can start learning how to find middle ground.

30th Aug, 2017 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Korea North Japan

Very true Ninja. Sad thing is, I don't see how North Korea's actions over the last several months can benefit anyone really, as they have always been an isolationist state and that has no signs of stopping in the near future. The people I feel most sorry for and scared is those in the wonderful country of South Korea. I have many online friends from there and it really is a struggle for them not to live each day as though it's their last, waiting for that little present from Kim to come landing at their door… I pray like you Ninja that the world can soon come to terms with the fact that we all value the same basic things, it's just the greed and corruption that twists those values and turns them into the avarice and envy. I'm no "Hippy liberal" as I was once called, I will stand and fight to protect what is mine and what I believe in, but I don't fight others purely so I can profit from it. Sad that what most of today's society has basically boiled down to. No communities that want to look out for each other hardly, just each man for himself. Until we can learn to love our neighbors again, we will never be a forward thinking race. Just my 2 cents *wink* /rant *laugh*.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2017 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Japan vs North Korea
A Friend

Korea North Japan

Glarion,

So very true. Greed and an endless capacity to refuse to see things through another's eyes. If we could just sit down and talk to one another and try to understand the other sides point of view we'd be so much better off. I guess having been in SF I got to see the point of view of so many different cultures. Some of things they do were very hard for me to understand or accept given my Western culture and bias, some were impossible. But at least I tried to see things through their lenses as well as my own.

Of course, we seem to be losing that ability even amongst ourselves. Take a look at the news and you'll see instances of intolerance between Americans simply because of differing political views. And that intolerance seems to be getting even more hard set. We seem to always assume the worst the of people who don't agree with us rather than assuming they are trying to make things better, just like us; the only difference being they have a different way of getting us there.

30th Aug, 2017 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Japan vs North Korea

Sadly that does seem to be the trend Ninja. Instead of sitting down and discussing our differences and trying our hardest to find a common middle ground and things we do have in common, we instead reject those who do not have the same beliefs or dreams as ours and turn patience into anger and tolerance into hatred. I don't like Trump at all personally, but he was right when he said that there was blame to be had on both sides in the violent clashes. That being said, I don't think there is any place in our society for Nazi beliefs or for terrorism, but you can't simply destroy those who think their beliefs & actions are justified, we must come to the discussion table and talk out those differences and try to find a political & peaceful solution to those problems, as was so hard fought for in Northern Ireland.

What shocks me is learning about the violence in India when the British decided to "Pull out" and create two additional states of East & West Pakistan for those who followed a different religion from one another. The violence and hatred sowed during that time, and the fact that we Brits stood by and let it happen is an example of how viewing other peoples lives as being less important than your own or your nations that you can watch wholesale slaughter without lifting a finger to help. Actual neighbors, and I mean the person living in the house next to you on the same street, who had lived together peacefully and even as good friends, suddenly becoming sworn enemies overnight, just because fear, ignorance and intolerance were allowed to spread and infect the minds of the people and their leaders so horrifically. Makes me a ashamed of those who we deemed worthy of running our country at the time to simply wash their hands of the situation, purely because India was not deemed as being profitable any more.

History is steeped in such examples, and us Brits have a very bloody & guilty past when it comes to intolerance of foreigners and exploiting native peoples. Don't know where to go from here, just sad that people are made to believe and deem nationality or gender or race or religious belief so much more important than life itself.

Trump sums it up for me: "Lets make America great again" I would argue, lets make the world great, and lead the way in so doing America. Then you won't to make yourself great, you will have greatness thrust upon you.

Sadly my idealistic rants only fuel my hollow dreams of a peaceful world, where there is no poverty, no inequality and no hatred of other peoples, whatever the "Justifiable reason". Of a world where science, ecology & medicine are more important than economics, military might & religious prejudice. One day maybe our alien ancestors will return to show us the way! *laugh*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Japan vs North Korea
A Friend

Japan North Korea - Page 7

What a great hope. I wish it could come to pass but I fear we are too primitive for that. Maybe one day, but not in my lifetime. In my lifetime and my children's too we'll need people like me I fear.

7th Sep, 2017 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Japan North Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

North Koreans who lived through WW II have not forgotten what the Japanese did to them. If there is any place they will delight in destroying is Japan.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 24 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.4%

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Japan vs North Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,