Happy Easter! - Page 2 of 7

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it! - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 20th Mar, 2008 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

?
Poll: You see Easter as...
  A time to remember Christ       66.67%
  A long holiday weekend       14.29%
  Chocolate eggs and bunnies       14.29%
  Never thought about it       4.76%
  None of the above       0.00%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Easter Traditions Christian Holiday - General Easter Discussion - Is Easter more about the crucifixion and ressurection of Jesus Christ or about the Easter bunny? Discuss your views and Easter traditions.
11th Apr, 2004 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Happy Easter! - Page 2

I have a question: If Jesus died on Friday, and rose on Sunday, why is it that they said he would rise again in three days? isnt that two days?

This is a discussion that scholars until today still arguing about. Some they said he died on Friday. According to jewish customs any part of a day constitutes a 'day' even if it is only an hour. So if he was entombed briefly on Friday, is by Jewish thinking, to have been in the grave that day and it is counted as the first day of his death. Saturday (Jewish Sabbath) becomes day 2 . Then Sunday constitutes the 3rd day. So three days passed even though may have not been a full 72 hours. Also in jewish customs a day will start at sunset not at midnight like us in the western culture. The 'ninth' hour spoke in the Bible is about 3:00 in the afternoon and that's the time I think he died, was late in the afternoon when they took his body for burial, at Sunset as I said before, the Sabbath started.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2005 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!
A Friend

Easter Happy

I never really had any belief for Easter. I always seemingly looked at it as just another holiday in which you receive candy and maybe a set of clothes.

16th Apr, 2006 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter! Revealed Bible The

Once again Easter has arrived! My daughter and I will have a special time at our church, then we will join her dad's family for an Easter feast and egg hunt for the kids. May you all have a blessed day!

Roz

16th Apr, 2006 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Easter Happy

Happy Easter to all! My father-in-law is currently in the hospital after having hip-replacement surgery, so we won't be doing much except for visiting with him, etc. Of course the kids will receive their traditional Easter goodies, and we will be attending church as usual. May Christ be with us all as we reflect on his Resurrection and what it means to us.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2007 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Easter Happy

CHRISTIANS MARK GOOD FRIDAY

Christians around the world marked Good Friday with prayer, processions
and pleas for peace.
Ref. www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2007/04/06/easter-friday.html

7th Apr, 2007 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!

There seems to be a greater amount of church services being held this year here, and certainly more open air preaching and talking to people on the streets from churches than normally goes on for this time of year, which I personally think is a good thing.
We have had a couple of days where we have taken the kids for days out, but we are going to spend this Easter Sunday at church in the morning then we're going to spend our meal time with family, the rest of the afternoon will be family orientated too.

Wishing everyone a happy peaceful Easter to you all!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Apr, 2007 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter! - Page 2

I often wonder how many really think about the significance of the time. Seems like most plan fun activities that have nothing to do with the remembrance of Christ. I actually like the 'Stations of the Cross' idea, because it gives everyone a chance to both participate and reenact the time of Christ and his crucifixion.

By the way, to our Christian Members, "Happy Easter"...

To our non-Christian Members, "Happy Holidays".

20th Mar, 2008 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Happy Easter! The Bible Revealed - Page 2

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!
I hope that you have a wonderful time with friends and family, loved ones also, and a spiritual time of thought and contemplation of God and Jesus for all Christians out there.
May it be a peaceful time, best wishes, Diane.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Happy Easter!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,