Lds Couple Expects Sextuplets

Lds Couple Expects Sextuplets - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Nov, 2009 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

9th Jun, 2009 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Lds Couple Expects Sextuplets

Hopefully, everything will work out. I would love to have 6 children but not all of them at once! laugh.gif All the best for them.

When Thomas Stansel rubs his wife's stomach and proclaims "These are my babies right here," he does so with a sincere smile, but disbelieving eyes.

It's an accomplishment that Amanda Stansel is nearly four months into a healthy pregnancy.

But unlike other expectant parents, this gestation sends the Humble couple into the daunting mega-multiples path blazed by people with talk-show bookings and reality television shows.

If all goes well, the Stansels will welcome a super-bundle with 60 fingers and 60 toes - sextuplets - at summer's end.

The couple began trying to expand their family shortly after their 2006 wedding. Amanda, a thyroid cancer survivor and diabetic, had trouble conceiving. She turned to fertility treatments that involved stimulating her ovaries to produce eggs, followed by insemination.

Her first pregnancy produced twins, but she lost them at 18 weeks. The second pregnancy failed as well. A home pregnancy test in late March confirmed another pregnancy.

"The third time, I ended up getting these six," said Amanda, 32, patting her belly.

The couple consulted leaders in their Mormon church, prayed about it, then decided to continue with a sextuplet pregnancy.

"It was definitely a surprise. There were only two eggs that were supposed to mature," said Thomas, 31, a medical equipment salesman. "Nobody plans for six, but we"re here and we"ll make the best of it...

2nd Sep, 2009 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Sextuplets Expects Couple Lds

I read about this case and they lost three of the babies it was sad to read and I wonder whether making all these artificial attempts to have a baby is something the Lord is pleased with you know what am I saying? I aint sure.

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 2nd Sep, 2009 - 3:47am

6th Nov, 2009 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Lds Couple Expects Sextuplets Studies Doctrine Mormon

I can't say that I envy a couple with sextuplets, but I do wonder if they will seek a reality TV cut for this because the bills will be astronomical.

6th Nov, 2009 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Sextuplets Expects Couple Lds

I don't think so. As Suzie_Su pointed out three of the babies died so they have three babies now. Having multiples for some people seems appealing but there are huge medical risks.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Lds Couple Expects Sextuplets

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,