I'm Getting Errors!

I' M Errors! - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 18th Dec, 2004 - 4:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Ways of dealing with problems, also help in understanding the purpose of the report link in threads.
3rd Dec, 2003 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

I'm Getting Errors!

Q. When I do certain things on the forum I get error messages?
A. Error messages come in various sizes and shapes. You can recognize when they are normal and when they are genuine errors by this;

- When the error appears on a white page or on the top of the menu with long lines like: Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/bordeglobal/public... then you know this is a system error. If it happens for more than five minutes then Admin may not know about it. If it happens for less time it probably means we are updating the script at the same time we are trying to update it.

- The other kind of error comes from your own action. Usually this will be explained to you in plain English. Something like: 'You are not allowed to access this board'.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2004 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Errors Im

Q. How do I report errors to you?
A. Please do contact us via the Contact page, please be specific.

New Moderator Contact Page
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?act=contactmod

Members tend to bog down the Administrator with unnecessary questions that could FIRST be answered in the FAQ Board and then by a Moderator. If you have a question or concern about where to post then please contact a Mod instead of directly contacting Admin. This can be done via the Contact Mod Page.

NOTE: You may continue to contact Admin with regards to change of membership status and / or error messages (not to be confused with Watch Dog messages).

Q. How do I describe an error to you?
A. Please tell us the following things in your email to us:

1. Your username
2. Date and time (EST if possible)
3. Record the error message that was given to you and place it within the email
4. Say what you were trying to do when you got the error message

Please give all the above info or we will not know how to assist you.

10th Jul, 2004 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

I'm Getting Errors! Feedback & FAQ News Community

Q. What is that [report] button that I see in threads?
A. This enables you to report a specific message within a thread to the moderator of the board. You should use it only to report a message that is NOT in keeping with the rules. It is important to understand that the message sent via the report link DOES NOT necessarily go to Admin, but it FIRST goes to the moderator of the board. So, let us say that a certain board called, 'Trucks' has a board moderator, then regular moderators and then admin as it overseers, then the person that will get the report message will be the board moderator. If there is no board moderator present then a regular moderator will get the message. If there are no regular moderators for a board then Admin will get it. If you want to specifically get in touch with Admin then use the Contact page. Thanks.

18th Dec, 2004 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Errors Im

Q. I am trying to access the Teen Board, but it tells me it is for teens only, what am I doing wrong?
A. First of all, are you a teenager? Teenagers are between the ages of 13-19 and the script checks this based on the year date you input via 'my Control Panel'. It is important to understand that only teens should post and reply there. The teen board was never meant for adults!

Q. How come I see Moderators posting in the Teen Board?
A. Moderators have the ability to supervise and advise on any board save for RPGs.

Q. Can I change my birth year just so I can post in the Teen Board?
A. Only if you are a teen, if you are an adult then you will not be given access.

> TOPIC: I'm Getting Errors!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,