Knowing

Knowing - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Jun, 2009 - 12:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st Jun, 2009 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Knowing

Knowing

It has been a long time since I saw a well thought out movie to get my imagination going and also challenge truths I know about or believe I know about. Knowing was directed by Alex Proyas and stars Nicolas Cage, Chandler Canterbury, and Rose Byrne. Nicolas Cage acts as an Astrophysics professor who happens across a very unique secret that brings him to terms with what he knows and what he does NOT. This movie has so many angles to it that I am going to start a Thread in the LDS Mature section so I can dive into the religious aspects that cannot be Discussed here. The animation in this film was fantastic, you will be taken aback by some of the tragic scenes - it will blow you away. You can tell I enjoyed the film, and I did.

Rate: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<p id=Knowing
Knowing (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2009 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Knowing

Great movie and excellent acting by Nicolas Cage as usual. The special effects were absolutely fantastic, I enjoyed this movie a lot. The movie is filled with religious symbolism and if you have a good imagination can take you to place you wouldn't have dare to explore before. The main theme or topic of the movie is about randomness vs. Determinism. I fully recommend it.

Rate: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </b> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

22nd Jun, 2009 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Knowing Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I knew you would like it. There are so many sides to this film: religious, scientific, mystical, psychic and so forth. Those who have LDS Mature access can see what I say about the film here: Source 4

Concerning the movie itself, and something you said offline. The movie centers around the chosen ones and not those who are not chosen. I think Nicholas Cage's character was only involved in the process because of his background and being able to decipher the document buried 50 years earlier.

The other aspect of the film is whether there is a Fate or Faith in life: Determinism or Randomness.

Knowing
Knowing (Hover)

22nd Jun, 2009 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Knowing

QUOTE (JB @ 22-Jun 09, 1:18 PM)
Concerning the movie itself, and something you said offline. The movie centers around the chosen ones and not those who are not chosen. I think Nicholas Cage's character was only involved in the process because of his background and being able to decipher the document buried 50 years earlier.

It sounds more like you are saying it is just coincidence he was able to be involved in the process because of his background, but keeping the theory of fate in all this then it was meant to be that his son got that letter, he was able to decipher, etc. Chosen? Maybe not to go with the people but chosen to do the things he did, yes.

22nd Jun, 2009 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Knowing

Well, I'm not sure whether it is Fate or Faith in this movie. What I am sure is that his involvement was just as a tool for the 'bigger' event which involved his son. It was pretty obvious that his son was pretty attached to him and would not have easily left with the strangers (aliens) even though they could have forcibly took him at anytime. The idea was to get the child to go with them willingly. Having the father involved helped that process along as we see in the end.

Knowing
Knowing (Hover)

26th Jun, 2009 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Knowing

I got the impression that this whole movie was based on Scientology mixed in with some cult gothic philosophy. Yes, I will agree that the effects were all great, I will give it a 7 out of 10.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2009 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Knowing

It could be, certainly it seemed like the 'darker' aspects of "The Kowing" were, but I am just picking and choosing some of the parts I like for similarities of other things I've covered elsewhere in this Community.

> TOPIC: Knowing

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,