Wonder Woman's Symbol

Wonder Woman' S Symbol - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2009 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman's Symbol

Wonder Woman's Symbol

What does Wonder Woman's Symbol on her chest signify?

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2009 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Symbol Womans Wonder

I think it is a flaming eagle or something like that, not sure what it is supposed to signify I never did read or hear Wonder Woman talking much about it.

17th Dec, 2016 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman's Symbol Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Wonder Woman's symbol is a mixture of American patriotism and Greek mythology. Just like Super Man her costume was based on standing up for what's good about America but later the eagle represented the powers of the Greek goddess.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman's Symbol
A Friend

Symbol Womans Wonder

As far as I know I think her symbol changed in the recent past. It was an eagle before but now it is twin w's for Wonder Woman. I remember seeing the Wonder Woman movie trailer and it was the twin w's. To be honest, I'm surprised any guys even knew there was a symbol on her chest *smile*.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Wonder Woman's Symbol
A Friend

Symbol Womans Wonder

The character was originally created in World War II, and was first featured fighting against Axis soldiers. Her costume, including the symbol on her chest, was heavily designed with American iconography in mind. In essence, she was the female counterpart to Captain America, intended to represent the best this country has to fight the enemies of freedom and democracy! (/end usage of overdramatic voice)

After the war ended, the character's emphasis shifted to other things, mainly dealing with creatures and characters from Greek mythology, so the costume, and the symbolism behind it, has shifted a bit.

> TOPIC: Wonder Woman's Symbol

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,